Fort Lewis Surgery 1/31/06

xLadeexZaporiahx
on 1/21/06 8:26 pm - lakewood, WA
Hi Everyone! I am 17 years old and scheduled to have a laproscopic gastric bypass on January 31st on Fort Lewis. I am kind of nervous but very excited. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice? Thanks, De Anna
coffee
on 1/22/06 8:37 am - arlington, WA
Hi. I am only 6 wks post op, and down 42 lbs. Trust your body, listen to if you need rest, or if your stomach hurts etc. Follow your Dr. and nutritionist's advice. If you don't have any protein drinks you are going to need some. I like SYNTAX PROTEIN NECTAR, Caribbean Breezse is light coconut goes down easy, Fuzzy Navel is orange peach and is good, too. The lemonade is tart if you like that, and my daughter and I neither one like the BERRY CHERRY it is thicker and very strong. I bouight some vanilla and chocolate protein at Walmart, but do not like it. Local vitamin stores might have the nectar, my local one does, but it is $!! more than on the internet. Put it in ASK Jeeves and see where to order it. Be sure to take your vitamins and calcium.!!! Bluebonnet liquid blueberry flavor calcium citrate is also available at vitamin stores, or on line. Onlyu weigh every 2 wks at the most, measure so you can see inches shrinking when plateau**** and take it one day at a time. God bless you in your new life.
Chawan *.
on 1/23/06 12:11 am - Fort Lewis, WA
RNY on 12/07/05 with
Hi De Anna, Who is your surgeon? I had Dr. Sebesta and he was awesome. My advice to you would just be to pack lightly for the hospital. All you'll really need is a comfy pillow (those hospital ones suck), chapstick for that first day when you can't drink yet, and your personal hygiene stuff. Anything else you need Madigan provides. Also, take advantage of the pain meds, the better your pain is controlled the more you will be able to move around and walk and the sooner you will go home. I hope you have an uneventful surgery and quick recovery. Best Wishes, Chawan 298/258/180?
xLadeexZaporiahx
on 1/26/06 6:35 pm - lakewood, WA
I have Dr. Sebesta as well. I can not wait to have my surgery and I hope that everything goes well.
Most Active