Need Some help and Support Im not losing :(

chunkable
on 1/17/06 11:29 pm - federal way, wa
I need some help guys. I am almost a year out.. January 26th is my 1 year anniversary and I had surgery in mexico. I had a proximal bypass and have lost 110 pounds so far.. My problem is I've gone back to eating crap like I did before. Candy, cookies, chips, fast food... and im not sure how to get back on track. To be honest I have forgotten or never figured out what we should be eating... Can anyone please help... I still have 60 pounds to go and I feel like such a failure... I did so well for awhile and now im back to eating the same crap... I live in federal way is there anyone close by that would like to chat sometime who has any advice or can someone please tell me what they are eating breakfast lunch and dinner and are you snacking? do you do protein drinks and if so how many? How much food are you eating at each meal? I feel hungry all the time and can eat more than I feel i should be able to.. I hope I haven't stretched out my tummy... Please email me Im desperate to get back on track and start losing again. I haven't lost anything in 4 months and am ready to call myself a failure again. Please email me with any suggestions or advice... Thanks Cindy
auntlorlee
on 1/18/06 1:11 am - Bellingham, WA
Don't give up Cindy! There is still hope for you! Are you exercising at all? I personally don't do protein shakes. My doc is against it. I get all of my protein either with bars or with real food. My choices are usually string cheese, deli meats, cottage cheese, soy beans (roasted), sirimi and shrimp for protein. But I also eat alot of veggies and fruit. I eat salads too. Breakfast is either string cheese or a protein bar. My lunch usually consists of a Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones meal. I always get the ones with the lowest calories and lowest sodium. I might have one for dinner if I had something else for lunch, like a small chef salad. I also make healthier meals for my family, lots of chicken and veggies. Meat still doesn't sit extremely well with me. So dinner can sometimes be a challenge. But I always keep a supply of string cheese in my fridge! I take my supplements religiously and always try to get my water in. I am almost 5 months out so my choices might be more limited than yours. I too feel like I can eat way more than I should sometimes. But other times, I can't hardly fit anything in. I stay away from breads because they make me sick. I have had crackers a couple of times but they don't sit well either. I also can't eat foods that have a good amount of fat in them. It makes me nauseous. I haven't even tried anything sugary or anything not artificially sweetened. If I want something sweet, I go for a sugar-free popsicle. Sure I have had stuff I shouldn't like a couple of potato chips with dip. I have eaten pasta (doesn't sit well either). I found that whole wheat pasta sits better. I really don't know if any of this will help you but I just wanted you to know that we are here for you! I have only lost 66 lbs in almost 5 months. I feel like I am losing reallllllly slow compared to some. But I will take it. It's the most I have ever lost on any diet in my entire life! One more thing... YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!!! Take care and keep up the good work! Look how far you have come in less than a year!!! 110lbs is awesome!!! Lori
Jer
on 1/18/06 10:12 am - Milwaukie, OR
Going back to eating carbs may cause your body to go back to craving them again. Carbs you shouldn't be eating are chips. bread, pasta, rice, crackers, deserts, and ice cream. Your diet should consist of approx. 40 % protein and 60 % fruits and veggies. Some say 30-70. eat a couple hard boiled eggs for breakfast. You can also have a couple sausage links or a couple slices of bacon with scrambled eggs. Throw some salsa and cheeze on top to the eggs if you want. For a snack, I eat baby carrots or celery with peanut butter. Peanut butter has some protein and the carrots and celery have filler value and hardly any calories. Nuts contain some protein like sunflower seeds, peanuts, almonds, etc. Chomp on some protein bars. General Nutrition Centers carries Detour Protein Bars with 30 g of protein in different flavors. Snickers also makes a protein bar with 20 g of protein and taste pretty good. I get them at Grocery Outlet. Also, make sure you take your vitamins every day or your body may crave food to get them. Fast dissolving vitamins are a must, such as chewables so they don't pass through your system before they can break down. Take a sub lingual B-12 once a month. Just slip it under your tongue and let it dissolve. Dinners you can eat fish, seafood, chicken or red meats to get protein. I also have a small can of veggies with my meat for dinner. And lastly, eating all the time can stretch out your tummy again as you fear. So drink plenty of water to act as a filler. Jer
Most Active