Moving Back to Spokane!!!

Sharon B.
on 1/15/06 2:00 am - Spokane, WA
Good morning Washington state!!!! I'm sooooooo happy I am moving back home (spokane) next month..I cannot wait..I'm almost a year out from surgery (02/14/05). I started at 250lbs now I'm 138lbs, size 22 to size 6..I was just wondering if anyone in Spokane knows of a good support group I could join after my move? I think its important to be in a support group, I would really like to find one , when I return home. I have missed the Northwest so much ..even the snow...I have been in Texas the past two years...Spokane is my home!!
karen C.
on 1/16/06 5:33 pm - Kennewick, WA
Sharon, I can feel the excitement in you. I love the Spokane area. I live in Kennewick south of Spokane. Just imagine how much your going to be able to enjoy all that the area has to offer. . . the lakes, the mountains, hiking, walking along the Spokane River. Being in so much better health will be so much fun for you. I was there in November to see the Lion King and took a long walk on the trail along the river right from my motel downtown. I loved it! Lake Pend O'reille (sp?) and Coeur D'Alene are favorite areas of mine. When will you be back? Karen
Tony1790
on 1/19/06 10:00 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hi, I'm over here on the West side of the state, I've been to Kennewick many times working for the Coast Guard. I usually stay at the clover island inn across the street from the Coast Guard. The reason for my post: I'm retiring this year and was looking at areas to move to. I considered Kennwick, Spokane and Cour'd lene (sp?) What do you suggest?? The only thing about Kennwick that scares me is the proximity to the nuclear research place up river from there. Spokane is cold, how are the jobs and economy there? Anyway, sorry for a non-WLS topic......I had my surgery in Nov 05 and am seeing a new lease on life. Thanks Tony
deeleebob
on 1/19/06 12:09 am - WA
HI SHARON, I'M RENAE, LIFE LONG RES OF SPOKANE, LOOKING INTO WLS MYSELF, AND ANY NEW FRIENDS WHO CAN GIVE ME ADVICE OR SUPPORT ON THE JOURNEY. ROCKWOOD CLINIC HAS A WLS SEMINAR AT SACRED HEART MEDICAL BUILDING, 3RD THURS. OF THE MONTH. I HAVE ATTENDED ONE, GOING TO ANOTHER TONITE. AT THE FIRST ONE, THEY MENTIONED THE SUPPORT GROUP THEY OFFER. IT SOUNDED LIKE A GOOD ONE, BUT ALL INFO WAS SO OVERWHELMING, WHEWWW! I HOPE TO HAVE MORE ??? TONITE AND LISTEN WITH BOTH EARS AND MY BRAIN THIS TIME. I WILL ASK MORE ABOUT SUPPORT, AND SHARE WHAT I FIND OUT... HOPEFULLY I WILL NEED A SUPPORT GROUP SOON MYSELF. WE CAN GO TOGETHER :0)
karen C.
on 1/19/06 9:14 pm - Kennewick, WA
Renae, Just a quick note. I'm from Kennewick and have heard really good reports about Dr. Rawlins. Best wishes, Karen
mrosner
on 1/24/06 7:55 am - Spokane Valley, WA
Sharon, know the feeling! I love Spokane too. Been back here since 1980 and wouldn't leave if you paid for all my plastic surgery. While I did not have WLS I have lost 180 lbs. and had my first PS - tummy tuck with Dr. Morimoto at Rockwood Clinic. She was awesome!! She is an artist with a scalpel. So, if you are close to that part of your journey feel free to contact me. Mary
Most Active