More Questions about the Fort Lewis Process

Tori
on 1/11/06 5:00 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Hi all, I have a few more questions for you all...after you saw the sergical clinic what did they tell you to do? Did you have to see a nutritionist and support group? Is there a support group on fort lewis? Can you only go after you see the doctor or can you go for info? What kind of questions did you have when talking to the sergeant? Thanks for the info everyone you have been supper helpful-Tori
Chawan *.
on 1/13/06 9:44 am - Fort Lewis, WA
RNY on 12/07/05 with
Hi Tori, After seeing the surgeon for the first time you are scheduled for an orientation. During the orientation the surgical nurse (i think her name is Meg) will go over the procedure and give you the info on the additional appointments you will have to make. There is a support group that meets at Madigan. There are pre and post-ops and it is run by a nutritionist and the head of psychology (or psychiatry). I haven't been yet because it is on Tuesdays from 3 to 4 pm and I work. I am gonna try to go to some soon though. Maybe I'll see you there!! Let me know if you have anymore questions. Chawan 298/262/180?
Tori
on 1/17/06 5:18 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Hi Chawan, Thanks so much for the info/ input. I have an appointment to see the nutritionist so i'll ask her about the meetings. It's great to know of all the good experiences that people have at MAMC and the bad so i can make a better judgement on where to go. Hope fully i can get it done and not have to wait a year. I hear really good things about Dr. Carter so that makes me feel even better about this whole thing. Thanks again-Tori Ps I'll post a pic soon so you know what i look like if you see me at a meeting lol :0)
Tony1790
on 1/19/06 10:08 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hi, I just had my surgery in Nov 05 at Ft Lewis with Dr. Beekley. The doctors are really good there, but once you have your surgery and you are in the hospital you will need to be on your toes and know what to do in relation to your new stomach. Many on the nursing staff have no idea or don't care about the WLS. The first thing that I was told to do was to quickly swallow 2 ounces of some horrid stool softener and then take a big pill, I did neither. I wound up sipping the liquid and getting a liquid form of the pill. Good luck to you and let me know if you have any questions. Tony
Most Active