looking for support group around Seattle

purpledog
on 1/5/06 9:58 am - seattle, Wa
Hi, I am a post-op patient of Dr. Simonwitz. I called his office for support and follow up but was told he just retired. Does anyone know of support groups around Seattle? Any of his patient's reading this will you email me or post a message if you know of any. Thanks
GertieMae3
on 1/5/06 12:37 pm - Graham, WA
Have you asked your WLS surgeon? Or maybe his staff? Janice B
Aunt Pam
on 1/5/06 10:55 pm - Arlington, WA
W Plinski, here is one that might be close to you... if not, I have some others you can try. Let me know.... Disappearing Acts / Seattle Support Group Kris 206-354-7949 Gwen 206-546-1481 [email protected] 3rd Thursdays at 7-9 pm Greenwiid Chrisyian Church 81st & Fremont, Seattle YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND our first meeting: North Snohomish County WLS Support Group January 7 - first Saturday of each month at 3-4:30 pm Marysville Library on 6120 Grove St. Marysville, Washignton Hope to see you there! Big Hugs, Aunt Pam
10_rose
on 1/10/06 12:53 pm - Auburn, WA
The only one I know of is The Wish Center in Renton.They have a monthly meeting...if you have yahoo try this online support club..it is really great. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/gastricbypasswlssupportclub/.. Here is an e-mail address for The Wish Center [email protected] her name is Linda Hang she is very nice..this is Linda's direct line..877-291-9474 ext. #103 here is the address & phone number 3915 Talbot Rd South Suite 104 Renton, WA. 98055 Phone: 425-917-6200 Toll Free: 877-291-9474 Fax: 425-277-2668 Just call & tell them that you did not have surgery there but that you are in need of a support group, I'm sure they wont have a problem with that & you can also ask if they could set you up with a username & password for thier web site. http://www.wishcenter.org/ you can view some of the stuff on the site but you have to get the log in info. from The Wish Center. ..If you talk to Linda tell her That Rose Grosche reffered you to her..& if you would rather that I called & asked her I would be more than happy to..I had my surgery there, but I have never been to a support meeting, my girlfriend also had the surgery so we were each others support..if its a problem with them to let you attend the monthly meeting let me know & I would be more than happy to go with you & you could go as my guest...good luck..hope to hear from you soon...Rose
lilacs
on 1/18/06 9:37 am - Marysville, WA
Sorry this is so late.........I just recently (today!) started coming to this board. There is one at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland. It is in the building right beside the hospital itself in room 100 on the first floor. It meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7pm. They also have a lap-band group and a post plastic surgery group. Not sure of the dates or times. Contact Linda Goodwin at the Hospital - she is the bariatric program co-ordinator there. She is fabulous. Linda -206
Most Active