help with ins info?

sallyann
on 1/3/06 9:24 pm - page, AZ
Hello all washington friends. can anyone tell me if Regency traditional insurance will cover WLS? A dear friend has been denied since this is cosmetic surgery?? Her Dr has sent two letters to the insurance company suggesting surgery. Her BMI is around 50 ? She is planning to pay the $18,000. to have the lap band. Does anybody have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sally
skt0435
on 1/4/06 3:27 am - spanaway, WA
does she work for Boeing and have the Regency Traditional? If so, I found out that they don't do the lap band surgery but will do the regular surgery
GertieMae3
on 1/5/06 12:51 pm - Graham, WA
Hi Sally, I am pre-op. If you are talking about Regence Blue Shield - Tradional through Boeing, yes they do cover Gastric Bypass surgery. They do not cover lap banding of any kind. The only information that you need is to provide the last 5 years of documented weight by a physician showing you are at least 100 pounds over weight. They probably will cover lower body weight if you can proove that you have complications as a result of your higher weight. I was approved in 7 working days, with no problems or actions. Good Luck! Janice B
thisonesforme
on 1/5/06 9:52 pm - Graham, WA
Regence blueshield washington state employee does not cover the surgery at all, I had to be self paid. Teri
eliz
on 1/7/06 9:48 am - Lacey, WA
Where did you go for self-pay? and how much? I know someone who got an RNY for about $17,000. I wonder if a person comes up with real cash, rather than financing, if the price is a little better. Thanks! Liz
thisonesforme
on 1/7/06 10:23 pm - Graham, WA
I had my surgery with Dr. Ki OH in Federal Way. He does discount his portion. I paid a total of about $21,499. That includes all the hospital, the anestesia the assistant surgeon and his fee. The thing with Dr. Oh is when I went to meet him He made me feel totally comfortable with my life in his hands. Teri
corinnel.
on 1/9/06 3:16 pm - Bothell, WA
I hate to be the only one bringing this up, but Mexico could definately be an option. I went down there, had a FABULOUS surgeon, Dr Aceves in Mexicali. With my vacation expenses (Disneyland with the family) all told -- we spent about $9500. It made the kids & me happy!! Just a thought. God bless, Corinne
Most Active