Do I have ignor my needs written on my shirt?

Aunt Pam
on 1/3/06 1:03 pm - Arlington, WA
Ok, It is 12 days after my last phone call to the doctors office where they will make an appointment for me on January 6th and mail me the info... as of today, I have not heard what time it is and I do not even know if it is at one site or the other. I called today and left a message on their message machine. I need to know when this appointment is, incase I do indeed find a ride to take me. So far no one wants to rearrange their work schedule to take me to this unknown appointment, even though I asked them too several weeks ago before work schedules were made. I also told them if I can't make this appointment, they could not scedule me an appointment until the end of March (more than one year since I started this process). Well, there have been several other situations I could mention, but I feel my needs are being ignored. Can I shout louder than I am? From Aunt Pam... whose needs ARE important!
BarbS
on 1/3/06 4:16 pm - Everett, WA
Hi Pam Your almost there. I'm happy for you. I just got on the list at the UW. So I have a long wait. I also have Medicade. I have central stenosis, and have a lot of pain in my back and legs. The doctor will not do surgery on me because of my weight. You might want to find out if you can get a taxi down to the doctor. I've never had to use them but I know a person that did. She told me she called mercy taxi. You call them ahead of time and give them your medical Id number. I hope this helps, and takes a little bit of stress off of you. Good luck I'll be watching for your posts.... Barb
auntlorlee
on 1/4/06 1:38 am - Bellingham, WA
I would keep calling them and leaving messages. Tell them that you need to know so you can schedule transportation. How come they don't have someone answering the phone??? That irritates the heck outta me when I have to talk to a stupid computer. If I lived closer, I would gladly take you to your appt. I hope things work out for you hun. Take care. Lori
GertieMae3
on 1/5/06 1:01 pm - Graham, WA
Hello Aunt Pam, I know what you are going through. I am at 5 months, and I too have a Jan. 6th. appointment. I think I will get my surgery date tomorrow. You know the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the attention".. anyway thats my version. I called my surgeons office for every little thing, to make sure things was kept rolling, also to let them know I was really interested in having this surgery, and also to make sure insurance, doctors letters were in tact. If I lived anywhere close to you I would be glad to give you a ride, but I live in Graham. We are from the top of the state to almost the bottom.. Take care and it will work out!! Janice B
10_rose
on 1/10/06 1:07 pm - Auburn, WA
If they are ignoring your needs, then go somewhere else..you have to trust these people with your life & if they can't even return your phone calls, then i'd think twice about haveing them do your surgery..Have you ever considered the Wish Center in Renton? I can tell you that you would never feel ignored from them
lweekman
on 1/11/06 2:07 am - Bre,ertpm, WA
I also find it difficult to ask and rely on others. It is a hard lesson to learn Don't let anything stop the progress you are making I always put the needs of others before my own. Part of my weight issues are stuffing me to feed a starving soul. People have told me expecting and receiving the help of others is a healthy thing How far away from home is your appointment? Is there a paratransit service you could find to take you? One of the hardest parts of this process we share is attitude. Funny - weight is secondary It's a good thing you are frustrated. No, I'm not a "nut" case! You sound positive for yourself. Leah Weekman
Most Active