Need Help

yulyburger
on 12/30/05 9:01 am - Kirkland, WA
I need some new ideas on what to eat.I'm burned out on cream of chicken soup and tomato soup.
Jer
on 12/30/05 9:56 am - Milwaukie, OR
well, how far are you along? I was supposed to be on a liquid protein diet the 1st 4 weeks. Like you I used the tomato soup and chicken by Proti. And like u got tired of them. Plus I couldn't stand the liquid protein drinks. So I started mixing the soup powders with other kinds of campbells soups for variety. You could also get unflavored whey protein powder from places like General Nutrition Center and mix the powder with other soups or the like. Got some liquid protein drink at GNC called Muscle Milk and it's not bad. I actually liked it. Has 34 grams of protein per carton. Looks like a full size milk carton with the plastic spigot on the top. I also ate other things like creamed corn and spinich. As long as they had no big chunks it all came out in the wash. Hey, you could also eat baby food. Some of it tastes good and would go pretty well with a liquid diet I believe. Jer
karen C.
on 12/30/05 6:38 pm - Kennewick, WA
Carol, I remember the feeling well. Can you do yogurt yet? How about sugar free jello and puddings? Thin cream of wheat with splenda? This stage won't last forever. . .and take my advice I learned the hard way. Don't add anything solid or lumpy too early. I had a really miserable afternoon at about 3 weeks out after I translated "crackers in soup" into "crackers with peanut butter". Got it stuck and couldn't even sip water for HOURS! Not something you want to do if possible to avoid. Best wishes, Karen
PamelaMarie
on 12/31/05 9:33 am - Mountlake Terrace, WA
Hi Carol. Some of the things I can get down okay are very creamy oatmeal, very soggy in milk Kashi cereal, yogurt,I can have anything creamy like. I also had some broccoli heads cooked to symthereens and mashed. Mashed potatoes very creamy work too. had some saltine crackers and let them dissolve in my mouth before I swallowed them. Its all relearning what we can eat. Good luck to you and happy new year! Pam
Camano-Tina
on 1/1/06 9:49 am - Camano Island, WA
Dear Carol: I found some great recipes in BEFORE AND AFTER (Susan Maria Leach) and EATING WELL AFTER WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY. (Patt Levine & Michelle Bontempto-Saray) (8 wks) I particularly liked the shrimp spread and crab spread. I still enjoy that but not pureed. I also enjoy the vanilla custard made with splenda. Homemade chicken soup is still yummy, and I particularly like eating something my family can eat----like stuffed peppers (only a lot less). Hang in there. It gets better when you can eat regular food. I try to get most of my protein from my food, but, if necessary, I take a protein supplement Profect from www.protica.com. It has 25 gr protein. God Bless You. Love Santina 12 wks PO 300/250/150
Most Active