I am home and doing pretty darn good!

PamelaMarie
on 12/29/05 11:42 am - Mountlake Terrace, WA
Hi everyone. Had my surgery on the 14th of Dec. Got home the following Saturday. Had to stay an extra day cause I wasn't drinking as I should have. Now I am doing pretty good. Had a few bouts with throwing up due to eating too fast and not resting in between bites and also trying to eat too much. Kills me how little we eat can be too much! Re-educating myself has been a learning experience thats for sure. I am still having alittle trouble with getting the protein powder stuff down. Can't seem to find anything I like to mix it with. I have a vanilla powder but its yuck a doo. Any help there would be greatly appreciated. I also need to find a support group. I am in the Mountlake Terrace area. Work in Everett. I can already see a difference in my body. All I can say is watch out world Pamela is back!
Aunt Pam
on 12/29/05 2:23 pm - Arlington, WA
Pamela, what great news! I am listening to you closely, as I have not yet had my wls.... so I am learning by all the other peoples "mistakes". Ha Ha Ha as if that can work! Reality is that we must learn these things on our own... as you put it... Re-education is the key! NOw, I am no pro at this, but I just had my nutritionalist appointment who told me some tricks of the protein powder... but besure to ask your doctor if this sub is ok for you...... she suggested taking powdermilk as directioned on pkg, but replace the water for skim mil*****e double protein. Then she suggested mixing that with cream soups.. like cream of chicken or cocoa.. or pudding or...etc! Support is so important to us who are doing wls. Anna P and myself have decided to start one in North Snohomish County...sooooooooo YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND the 1st Meeting (ever!) of North Snohomish County WLS Support Group January 7 - first Saturday of each month 3-4:30 pm Marysville Library Marysville, Washignton Come - everyone is invited! We should have so much fun!!! (email me for more information) Big hugs, Aunt Pam
GertieMae3
on 12/29/05 2:27 pm - Graham, WA
Welcome home Pamela! It is good to hear you are doing better. I have not had the surgery yet, but I heard its like a baby learning to eat all over again. I really appreciate your updates, as it is very interesting to those of us who are waiting to have surgery. It helps me to pick up ideas about post op happenings.. keep up the good work.. you are in my prayers.. take care and hope to see another post soon! Janice B
Camano-Tina
on 1/1/06 9:37 am - Camano Island, WA
Dear Pam: Welcome to the Losing Side. So happy to hear all went well with your surgery. I too had problems with the protein, then, I tried Profect. It comes in its own tube already mixed and has 25gr of protein. I ordered it by the case from WWW.Protica.com The two flavors I can drink are Fresh Citrus Berry, and Blue Raspberry Swirl. They are starting a new support group in Marysville on January 7th at the Marysville Library at 3:00 to 4:30pm. I have been going all the way to Bellingham, and am glad there will be one closer. I live on Camano Island, so I figure the distance is about the same for you. Good Luc****ep drinking your water, exercise, get your protein, and follow your doctor's suggestions. It will be worth it. Love, Santina 12 weeks POST OP 300/250/150
dragonjaze
on 1/12/06 6:52 am - Bellingham, WA
Not really related to the topic, just noticed that the last poster has said that there is a support group in Bellingham...where? when? who do I contact? What is it called? I am currently researching WLS in advance of talking to my doctor about it. Would like to talk to other people locally who have had this done!
Camano-Tina
on 1/12/06 9:03 am - Camano Island, WA
Hi: There is a meeting next Monday night in the community health center at St. Joseph's Hospital. 6:00-8:00pm. I think you can find out more on WWW.BellinghamWLS.com Santina
Camano-Tina
on 1/12/06 9:03 am - Camano Island, WA
Hi: There is a meeting next Monday night in the community health center at St. Joseph's Hospital. 6:00-8:00pm. I think you can find out more on WWW.BellinghamWLS.com Santina
Most Active