How Was Your Christmas:

Camano-Tina
on 12/27/05 5:10 am - Camano Island, WA
Hi Everyone: How was your Christmas? Mine was great. We had a lovely time with friends on Friday night. It was so good to be able to eat most of the dinner. Small bites, and chewed well, could eat our Albanian friends specialty, burek. This is filo dough with feta and ricotta cheese. Yum. Even tried some marinated steak. On Christmas eve, we went to a Chinese restaurant and I ordered Wok Won Ton Soup. Delicious, ate one bowl and took the rest home. More importantly, went to a wonderful Christmas Eve Candelight Service at church. Christmas day was over our oldest son's house, so got to see the grandchildren open their gifts. Daughter in law had a lovely meal of Prime Rib, which I was able to eat. So glad I didn't give up when we had to eat 8 weeks of pureed food. I notice I have to cut very small and chew thoroughly, but sure enjoying the taste. Most of all enjoying the fact that this is the first christmas when I have no remorse and haven't gained weight. PTL, and thanks to this sight and my surgery. How have the rest of you faired? Please respond. Love, In Recovery, Santina
Diane DeSeranno
on 12/27/05 4:24 pm - Long Beach, WA
Quiet and a little depressing. Just hubby and I with the 2 dogs. And I couldn't eat much of a Christmas dinner.
Camano-Tina
on 12/28/05 8:46 am - Camano Island, WA
Dear Diane: Sorry your day was a bummer. Today is a new day. May you find each day of the New Year better than the last. Love, Santina
Aunt Pam
on 12/28/05 5:07 pm - Arlington, WA
Santina, I had a wonderful Christmas. My daughter came up from LA. For Christmas we went to my son and his wife's. I have not had the surgery yet, but I have diabetis, so I was not able to eat alot of the goodies, but we had a nice ham. My daughter is still here and it is so fun visiting with her in person.... we talk everyday on the phone, but it is so great to have her here. The day after Christmas my son and his wife have this taco dinner party for relitives... it was fun. I had a soft taco with lots of lettuce in it! Yummy. For Christmas I made all my little great neices and nephews crochet stocking - all 22 of them! It was most fun thinking of them all opening them up! I also crocheted afgans for my neices. I love giving gifts! I am excited for the new year... I should be schedluing my surgery very soon, the support group is starting in Marysville, and I am taking the support group training here on OH. Santina, it must ahve been so much fun being with your grand daughter to watch her open her gifts! Glad that your finding ways to blend in with all the meals. Sending you big hugs, Pam ... Aunt Pam
Camano-Tina
on 12/29/05 3:27 am - Camano Island, WA
Hi Pam: Sounds like you had a wonderful day. So happy to hear from you. Yes we did enjoy seeing our grandson and grandaughter. You must be a very busy lady to make all those crocheted items. Congratulations! No wonder your neices and nephews love you. Looking forward to seeing you at the Marysville meeting. Love, Santina
yulyburger
on 12/29/05 1:30 am - Kirkland, WA
I had a wonderful day. Although I just had my surgery on the 21st of Dec. I was able to attend Christmas Day services at my chuch and even sang in the choir. When I came home I helped get dinner on the table but I went and laid down instead of watching everyone eat. It was nice to have my mom and dad here and my husband didn't have to work so my whole family was here. I just keep teasing everyone to keep eating because while thier putting on thier holiday pounds I losing mine. I did have pureed scalloped potatoes later. I made a bit crock full of beans with the ham bone overnight and that's what I had for breakfast today. Pureed navy beans with ham. Pure protein!! God has been so good to me through my recovery with no pain and depression. I know I made the right choice everyday.Love Carol
Camano-Tina
on 12/29/05 3:32 am - Camano Island, WA
Dear Carol: You are doing wonderfully. I am so happy for your uncomplicated surgery and how well you are doing since your surgery. Keep up the good work. You are so right about not having the regrets most people have about gaining weight during the holidays. Isn't it great that while they are gaining we are losing? Looking forward to hearing more of your progress as we travel this road together. Love, Santina
Most Active