Lots of Question???????????????

Gaynelle Sihto
on 12/22/05 2:45 pm - Thorp, WA
Good Evening everybody I have a list of question if someone could with. First of all which vitamins and where do you buy them. Then what kind of foods do you have in the first month. What do I need to pack for the hospital. Anything else I should know. Hope you have A MERRY CHRISTMAS. God Bless Gaynelle:wave
Eva M.
on 12/23/05 3:07 am - University Place, WA
Gaynelle, I also had Dr Oh for lap ryn. His staff will give you very detailed written info re vitamins and diet based on the type of operation,prior to surgery including suggestions as to where to buy. A meeting with his nutritionist was a requirement prior to surgery. You should go by his instructions, not what you might read about what other people do. Best wishes for success, Eva
karen C.
on 12/23/05 4:33 pm - Kennewick, WA
Gaynelle, Hello. I was a self pay also. My insurance, Uniform Medical, reads "Even if medically necessary we won't cover WLS." Isn't that a nice caring health insurance company? Oh well. . . . I'm now 10 mos post op Lap Rny and it is the best money I've ever spent. I've lost 160 lbs and am still losing slowly even with the holidays. Wishing you the best. Karen
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/05 3:37 am - Kennewick, WA
First of all, I would check with your surgeon, they usually tell you exactly what you need and what you can eat and take the first 1-3 months. The first 3 months I took Flintstones for my multivitamin (I was on pureed food until then), Natural Bounty B-12 subliqual and Tums for calcium. In those 3 months I mostly ate soups, pureed stews, FF refried beans with cheese and FF sour cream. After 3 months I could eat whatever I wanted. I try to stay away from too much carbs and fat and mostly eat chicken and turkey. I take either Centrum multivitamin or something similar. I take calcium pills (any brand) and am still on the B-12 subliqual every other day since apparently it absorbs better in liquid form. Dont take too much to the hospital. I packed way to much stuff and hubby had to take most of it home. You will need bathroom accessories (i.e. shampoo, soap, baby wipes, toothpaste, toothbrush ect.), and a clean set of clothes for when you go home. Also, you will need chapstick. Other than that, I didnt need anything since the hospital provided me with a gown (I had open RNY and didnt want to move or change into anything difficult except for going to the bathroom and a shower) and slip-ons for my feet. Good luck and best wishes for your surgery and keep us updated on your progess!!
Most Active