now that I have a surgery date. . .

Waiting Hoping
on 12/22/05 1:13 am - seattle, WA
I started the path to WLS back in May. My surgery is scheduled for March 21st. It seems so far off. The patient coordinator was kindly sympathetic when she gave me my date, explaining that my surgeon was unable to schedule any WLS in February. In my head, I know February or March is not all that different. I am grateful that I have the date and, especially, access to this treatment and I know many would like to be in my shoes. But I am feeling whiny and petulant this morning. I want the surgery now.
GertieMae3
on 12/22/05 1:58 pm - Graham, WA
Hi Waiting and Hoping! Congratulations on your surgery date!! I know exactly how you are feeling. I have not received my date yet. I am so anxious and impatient. I read in my Weight Loss for Dummies Book that WLS has gone up 800% since 2002. I think there are alot of people finding out how effective the "new" Biatric Surgery has become. So I feel the Doctors are really busy. It sounds like your Doctor might be taking a vacation. I think I would like my doctor well rested before my surgery... at least that is one way to look at the delay. I am trying to keep really busy to try and make the time go faster. I also plan on cleaning out all my drawers in the house and getting the house in tip top shape, since I will be out of commision for awhile. I hope this helps a little, keep your chin up and try not to let it bother you (easier said than done, I know)...Take care and Good Luck in March. Janice B
Waiting Hoping
on 12/24/05 1:43 am - seattle, WA
Thanks for the sympathy, Janet. Yes, my surgeon is taking a vacation in February. Plus he has added to his teaching load at the medical school for winter quarter and he is doing less surgery in general. I have just picked up a happy distraction. My sister lives in Kuwait (before that Egypt) and I have not seen her in a few years. She will be in Boston for business meetings for a week in February and she just asked me if I would be willing to come to Boston, at her expense, to babysit for my new nephew, who I have not yet met, and my beloved nine-year-old niece. Ha! Would I ever?! Now I am grateful that my surgery date was not in February after all because then I would not have been free to see my family in Boston. How kind of you, Janet, to be supportive of me when I am just being whiny and you don't even have your date yet. Dr. Oh seems to move people through his system faster than the UW but it all feels like long waiting, doesn't it?
GertieMae3
on 12/24/05 3:12 pm - Graham, WA
Hi Hoping and Waiting How exciting to get a free trip, and most important being able to spend some time with your sister and little nephew. That should keep you busy..lol Yes it is a long wait, thank goodness the Christmas Season is hear to distract me.. I too am very impatient, but I don't think we are alone!! Take care and have a safe trip! Janice B
Most Active