Help with doctor

mkmalcolm
on 12/21/05 8:06 am - Everett, WA
Pleasseee help! I am new to the boards. I am a private pay patient. I had picked Dr. Weber as my surgeon. After reading these boards and speaking with his cranky staff, I have some hesitations. Does anyone think there is a doctor out there that does laproscopic that has as much experience as Dr. Weber? I wish he would do laproscopic!!Virginia Mason or Dr. Oh? I am thankful to you all for being there for prospective patients.
findinglisa
on 12/21/05 8:53 am - Bothell, WA
I highly recommend my doctor, Dr. David Lauter. He does the lap RNY. He operates out of Overlake Hospital in Bellevue. You can find his contact information here. L.
GertieMae3
on 12/21/05 1:08 pm - Graham, WA
Hello Mary, I have a wonderful Doctor and his name is Doctor Ki Oh and he is in Federal Way Washington. His hospital is St Francis Hospital. St. Francis Hospital has been choosen an Award Winning Hospital by the FDA. Doctor Oh has performed over 5000 surgeries. He has only lost 1 patient, and that was the patients fault, not his. He performs many different Bypass Surgeries, like, Open RNY, Lap Band, Laproscopic surgeries, Open RNY Distal, Didgital Switch, and a couple more. You can find him through Google, by putting in Gastric Bypass Doctors in Washington State. The majority of his staff has had bypass surgery, performed by him. They are wonderful and very polite. The are very sensitive to people's feelings and make every effort to help you when you need it. I hope this helps! Good Luck Janice B
Pam B.
on 12/23/05 10:07 am - Arlington, WA
I had Dr. Jeffrey Hunter, surg lap RNY Virginia Mason seattle. I live in Arlington, but it is worth the drive to Federal Way. He is board certified in bariatric surgery, everyone who does it isn't, check. Also, he had 16 yrs experience in laporscopic before starting doing the bariatric lap. He also belongs to the SAGES which has surgeons board certified in gastroenterology. He has taken classes to update his bariatric training for the last several years. I like him. I have had 15 major surgeries, (only 1 for OBESITY) and to me he is tied with my previous favorite Dr. His website is behind about 8 months or more as far as his stats. If you are talking about Dr. Weber in Edmonds, he does OPEN RNY. I know a man from work who had him, lost 175 lbs in 20 months and was pleased with him. But he told me the staff is rude and cranky, and the Dr. has no bedside manner,,,he went with him based on his record.You have to decide for yourself what is important to you. Anyone needing RNY could end up with OPEN, but myself, I would and DID only go to a DR. specializing in LAP, then if it turns out you need open you just deal with it. The chances of infection and length of recovery are far greater with OPEN. I am 53 with a 51 BMI, and Dr. Hunter did my surgery LAP, and I have 5 scars 1 1/2 each. 2 WKS post op DOWN 27 lbs. Pray for God to help you decide what is best for you.
karen C.
on 12/23/05 9:46 pm - Kennewick, WA
Mary, I too had Dr. David Lauter. He performed my Lap Rny on 2/16/05 at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland. Staff and hospital were wonderful. My followup care has been very good also. Best wishes, Karen PS I live in Eastern Washington and it was well worth the trip to Dr. Lauter. I felt like the decision of who was going to rearrange my insides was the most important one that I had to make.
yulyburger
on 12/30/05 9:13 am - Kirkland, WA
I had surgery on the 21st and my Dr. was Kelly Clinch. My friend has surgery in July and she was self pay.Dr. Clinch does lap surgery. That's what my friend and I both had. My other friend had Dr Oh.but he did open on her. She original went to Dr.Weber but they were slow on sending in her paper work and Pam was soo grouchy she switched. Dr.Clinch is at Evergreen in Kirkland.When I woke up from surgery I had been put down on the OB-Gyn floor. He came down and kick some booty and I was moved to the bariatric floor quickly. Hope my input helps. Carol
petpsych
on 1/1/06 10:43 am - bellevue, WA
DO NOT USE THIS SURGEON!!!@ TRY FOR DR. LAUTER. FOR MORE INFOR YOU MAY EMAIL ME
Most Active