Ohhhhhhh Help!!!!!!!!

Honeypugs
on 12/13/05 4:46 am - Kennewick, WA
I had my surgery on Nov.11,05 And I am having such a hard time and I know everyone does but my husband is VERY tired of hearing about it. The Dr.s tell you it's going to be hard but until you actually have it done you don't truly realize. I feel so sick all the time and very tired. I have a 6 yr. old and a 3 yr. old and the 6 yr. old is handi capped and requires alot of time. I don't know what to eat . I get sick preparing my food and then don't want to eat it. I just need help. Any encouragement would help. I feel so alone.
Jer
on 12/13/05 7:00 am - Milwaukie, OR
At first a lot of stuff will make you nauseous. Just about nothing sounds good. And your taste buds may change for a period of time so stuff that you once liked will taste yucky. Mine are just getting back after 4 months. I have no problem eating certain things like fruits and veggies, but protein sources like red meat and seafood make me fill up fast and give me an uneasy stomach. sometimes I just go , "Oh, Barf me out" But you just need to try different foods to see what you can handle. Sip on protein drinks. I couldn't handle them from the start, but some people have no problem with them. I too am having problems getting enough protein in because of the "yucks" It was suggested to try unflavored protein powder. You can put it on anything you eat and it shouldn't be too noticable. Gotta be better than the protein drinks> Jer
Diane DeSeranno
on 12/15/05 3:32 am - Long Beach, WA
I have not barfed. In fact I can eat just aobut anything and I feel like I can eat alot more than I should be eating. But heartburn wow! I am having problems with heartburn.
Raised By Poodles
on 12/13/05 1:40 pm - Olympia, WA
Hi Amber, I am sorry you are having a time of it right now! I had the DS in Febuary. I would be more than happy to be a phone pal with you if you would like to just chat with someone who has been through something simular. I am a very good listener! Email me your phone number or ask for mine. Either way, I would be happy to make a new friend! [email protected] Cheryl
karen C.
on 12/15/05 9:48 pm - Kennewick, WA
HI Amber, I live in Kennewick too. I had lap rny on 2/16/05 in Kirkland. I'd love to meet you. I'd be glad to talk to you. I know the feeling about food. The smell of meat cooking still gets to me! Can you stick with things like cottage cheese and fruit, soups that don't smell strong, oatmeal, cream of wheat, yogurt? Those are the things I rely on when I can't face anything else. I also still start the day with a protein drink. I use Champion Pure Whey Chocoate over crushed ice. I like it and it gives me an energy boost. Feel free to call me. I'm in the local phone book. Karen Courtney
karen C.
on 12/15/05 9:50 pm - Kennewick, WA
One more thing. There's a support group in Richland that meets on the first Thursday of each month. If you're interested I'll send the address or I'd be glad to take you next month if you'd like to go. Karen
Most Active