Fiber How do I get this in? 3 weeks post op

angieps
on 12/12/05 12:41 am - Port Orchard, WA
Hello there I am really struggling with going to the bathroom regularly and it is bothering me that I can only go about every 4 days with milk of magnesia being of assistance. Can someone please offer a suggestion to get regular again. Frustratingly yours Angie
karen C.
on 12/13/05 10:38 am - Kennewick, WA
Prune juice tastes yucky but it works. I eat GrapeNuts soaked in milk frequently and that works great too. Karen
Mari J
on 12/13/05 12:47 pm - Kent, WA
Hi, being only 3 weeks out you probably don't eat much and it is pureed, so every 4 days sounds about right. Nothing in...nothing out! I wouldn't worry if I were you, but you could ask your medical staff. Drink your water....I was told 64 or more oz a day. I had problems during my 3rd and 4th month and had to use ex-lax after going w/o a BM for a week which happened more than once. Things that I tried with moderate success were prunes, metamucil and Smooth Move Tea. Later on you can eat more fiber with beans and other veggies and fruit and hope that it helps. Good luck, Mari
auntlorlee
on 12/14/05 2:03 am - Bellingham, WA
I did the prune juice route but it has sooo much sugar in it, it started to make me feel sick. I switched to Smooth Move herbal tea. I drink a mug of it in the evening and by the next day I am in the bathroom. I went 9 days without a and I was miserable. Make sure you are getting your water in too. This helps alot with BM's. I sip on decaf herbal tea all day long to get in my fluids. Good luck to you! Lori
Most Active