HELP! Almost 1 year out & feeling depressed!

corinnel.
on 11/27/05 5:00 am - Bothell, WA
Hi all, I haven't been very good about posting any of my updates, but here I am, feeling down about my lap band weight loss. I had my surgery Dec. 30, 2004. Start weight was 230 & am now still at 201-203 since about May. First fill was at the end of Feb & that brought me down a little, but was throwing up everything a couple times a day. I don't know what to do??? Should I go get my band filled again & stick to a liquid diet (ugh!!!)? Would that even help?? I know that a huge part of the problem is that I love food. I love the taste. Sometimes I remember before I eat -- about what I'm about to eat -- but most of the time, it's after the fact, and of course I beat myself up about it. I'm probably blocking the whole issue so I don't have to think about it anymore. I know I want to loose the weight, but am feeling like I'm in a rut. Anyone been there??? Thanks for listening! Corinne
Jer
on 11/28/05 10:43 am - Milwaukie, OR
Hmmm, I don't know about lap bands, but I had the RNY and it changed my taste buds or something. At least for awhile. Things don't taste the same. The things I once loved I don't eat because now they taste yucky. As an example, eggs with sausage and OJ. Eggs still taste fine. Both sausage and bacon barf me out. And OJ, or any other sweetened drink I won't drink because of the taste issue now. That can be good I suppose. The taste of some things is coming back after 4 months, but some things I still can't stomach.
jlthom5
on 11/30/05 2:25 am - Yakima, WA
I had the same experience with my taste buds. I can only drink 4 oz. of any sugary juice. Hey, it's a normal serving! And, yes, really fatty foods make me sick. I finally realized that my body is telling me to not eat the really bad stuff. I tried a really small piece of pecan pie at Thanksgiving and the results were awful. Find a support group, please. And start your turn around by congratulating yourself on your life affirming choice.
Most Active