wish center at valley medical

David W.
on 11/26/05 6:11 am - Auburn, WA
has anyone used them what was your opinion
conilp
on 11/26/05 11:47 am - tacoma, WA
I went to the WISH center and thought they were great.I think they do a very through job of letting you know exactly what you are getting into and I have also found the support there to be good. Coni P.
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/05 6:56 am - Kennewick, WA
Mmmm, I didnt care for them very much, so I went with Dr. Simonowitz at Overlake Hospital, Bellevue. He is retiring this year though, but I heard Dr. Lauter, also here in Bellevue is really great!! Marlize
Jennifer T.
on 12/2/05 10:43 am - Bellingham, WA
I can vouch for Dr. Lauter, I had him do my 1oz, 100cm RNY laprascopic on Oct 26. I was up and out of bed right after I woke up and they took the tubes (breathing ect.) out.
kristibo
on 11/29/05 1:44 am - Redmond, WA
Hi David, I went with the Wish Center and had great success. I like the fact that everything you need is taken care of all in one place. You meet with the surgeon, a dietician, exercise person, pyschologist, nurses and the financial people. It saves for having to travel around to different places. Also, Dr. Strain did a fantastic job on my surgery, my scars are so minimal, you would hardly know I had surgery. I didn't have any complications after surgery and my life has changed for the better. The only problem I ran in to recently, my insurance covered this 100% but I recently got a bill from the Wish Center for almost $7000. I called the insurance company to ask about it and they said they had definitely paid and then when I called the Wish Center they weren't showing the payment that the insurance company had made. They were telling me that I should call my insurance company back, and I pushed it back on them to contact my insurance company, since I had just talked to the insurance company and they told me they had paid. The Wish Center did end up calling the insurance company and I believe everything has been worked out, but it was a HUGE shock to get the bill in the mail a year after surgery. Best of luck to you! Kristi 256/144/139
kem
on 11/29/05 3:05 pm - Surrey, Canada
I am having my surgery on Dec.1 with Wish. I have been fairly happy with the service. There was a bit of doubt at the start, they lost some of my paperwork and it seemed like they dragged their feet when getting back to me with the needs of my insurance company. Once I made an effort to be more proactive and stayed on top of everything, things smoothed out. I was very happy with the people there. They made me feel welcomed and showed actual interest. Not easy with a larger company. Kathy
mousekitty
on 11/29/05 10:32 pm - Bothell, WA
Hi David, I had my surgery done at the Wish Center and can't say enough good about Dr. Alperovich. He was so thorough and I had no complications. If you have any questions before and after surgery the nurses are there to answer any questions you may have. If they can't answer them they ask the Dr. and get right back to you. Valley Medical was top notch as far as taking care of me. I did take a support person and she stayed with me in the room for my 2 1/2 days that I was there. It really does help to take someone with you for support and to help with your needs when the nurses can't be there all the time. Anyway, good luck and you've chosen an A #1 facility to do your surgery. The practice diet and exercise routine for the 8 weeks before surgery is a big "+" in my book. It prepares you for your future after surgery! Good luck and I'm sure you will be impressed with the whole experience. Sandy Raymond 322/259/??? 9/6/05
kem
on 12/5/05 10:45 am - Surrey, Canada
I am now post surgery and can't say enough good things about Valley Medical center! It was a great stay, the bariatric wing was wonderful and I felt very taken care of. The staff were very involved and came at a moments notice. I am glad that Wish had "trained" me with the pre op and practice diets. I am feeling less deprived after surgery since I have handled most of the head hunger already. Don't get me wrong, it is not easy and I have a long road ahead but I feel confident and supported. Dr.Alperovich and the team definately look out for you. Kathy
Mari J
on 12/6/05 10:29 am - Kent, WA
Kathy, It is nice hearing from you and I'm glad you had a good experience with your surgery and care. It's only downward from here!!! Mari
Most Active