Hi All!!!

lilchickad
on 11/21/05 10:48 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Well all my Barnes and Nobles girls and other washington friends here goes with a quick update. I am having hernia repair surgery on the 7th of December. I do all of my preop this Friday. Hopefully all will be well with my labs, etc. I am now down to 103 pounds and am slowly going down. I am pretty much ready to stop losing any day now...lol As you all know, it's NOT because I am being so good on my diet...its just happening. Congratulations to sweet Arlene on her 1-year anniversary...Call me sometime I miss you! Congratulations Deb on your weight loss thus far!! You are doing absolutely fantastic!!!!! Thanks for your "nursing" advice the other night. Turned out I just had a pulled muscle I think, as it went away after a few days. Hugs to everyone out there, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! Laura 203/103 wayyyyyyyy below goal...LOL
Diane DeSeranno
on 11/21/05 1:13 pm - Long Beach, WA
great your at your goal congrats. Your are having hernia surgery. I heard people post about hernias. Are they a common thng most WLS get?
lilchickad
on 11/22/05 12:18 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Diane, Incisional hernias are fairly common with any abdominal surgery. I do think that WLS patients are more prone tho, as our muscles are so stretched out from being overweight and become weaker over time. USUALLY insurance companies will allow a tummy tuck with a hernia repair since hernias are more likely to occur without the abdominal muscle repair, but mine did not allow it Hopefully, I will not have a problem with getting anymore hernias. I am going to be very careful regarding lifting, etc. after I have my repair. Good luck on your upcoming surgery Laura
debidoo
on 11/22/05 11:03 pm - lakewood, WA
Laura, It is so good to hear from you!!!!! Where are you having your surgery done? What time???? Thank you for all your kind words We have to get together... debbie
lilchickad
on 11/22/05 11:21 pm - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Debbie! I am not positive what time my surgery is, but I have to be there at 6 a.m. at St. Frances. I am having Dr. Srikanth do my hernia repair. He assisted Dr. Oh in my RNY. Laura
Most Active