Approved for the sugery. . . now to set date

Waiting Hoping
on 11/21/05 6:35 am - seattle, WA
Just met with my surgeon after all the tests and he asked if I had any questions. "I have only one question, Doctor," I said, "and it is the same question on all your bariatric patients' minds at this meeting. When, when, when?!!" "Not before the end of the year," he laughed, "but I don't go out of town as much as the other surgeons here, You'll get it the soonest if you stick with me." "I know," I assured him. "I asked Lynn (the person who schedules the surgery) if it would speed things up if I switched surgeons and she said I'd get in fastest with you. And I also know that Lynn is on vacation all week and she won't be scheduling me until she gets back next week. And thatyou have no open dates until mid-January." "You know my schedule better than me," he laughed again. I signed release forms giving him permission to do the surgery and give me blood transfusions. But I left without a date. It did make me feel better to have shared a laugh with the guy who is going to be cutting me open and changing my body.
Diane DeSeranno
on 11/21/05 1:09 pm - Long Beach, WA
LOL how cute and funny. thanks for sharing. well I'm sure you'll have a date soon. great way to start a new year.
Most Active