Where are my Barnes & Noble friends?

debidoo
on 11/20/05 10:04 pm - lakewood, WA
Hello everyone!!!!!! I need a Barnes and noble meet!!!!!!!!!! My first holiday as a RNY and I have to cook...... YIKES. Does anyone have time to get together soon????? Let's get together Debbie
Diane DeSeranno
on 11/21/05 1:02 pm - Long Beach, WA
Heres an egg nog reciept I found on members profile; Tooters EGG NOG (recipe is Tooters and used with permission)***** 1 cup Carb Countdown Milk Replacement (you could use milk or soy milk also) 1/4 cup egg beaters 1 or 2 packets of Equal or your favorite sweetener (more or less to taste and can be added at the end to get just the right sweetness) 1 tablespoon sugar-free JellO brand instant vanilla pudding mix powder (if you like it thicker you can add a bit more - or less for thinner consistency) 1/4 to 1/2 tsp vanilla extract - depending on whether you use the real stuff or imitation....less for the REAL stuff a pinch of nutmeg OPTIONAL - if you like that alcohol flavor of traditional egg nog you can add 1 tsp of Sugar-free DaVinci Butter Rum flavored syrup (again, more or less, to taste). Toss everything in a blender and blend until well mixed - about 30 seconds. Chill for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best for great flavor blending. Stir or shake right before serving. I boil some water while its getting ready I put about 2 ounces of carb countdown milk in a cup and stir in a scoop of Matrix 5.0 Syntrax Perfect Chocolate, after my water is good and hot I pour about 6-7 ounces in my hot chocolate mug and then I pour the carb countdown mixture into the mug with ho****er, and I put a little cinnamon in and stir. I even top it with a little redi whip.
Diane DeSeranno
on 11/21/05 1:04 pm - Long Beach, WA
And heres a pumpkin cheese cake... Pumpkin cheesecake ***** This is very good cheesecake and it is almost sugar free except for the graham crackers and candied ginger but it is so good. Ya know sometimes ya just got to live a LITTLE. CRUST AND TOPPING 1 1/4 cups graham crackers 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted 2 Tbsp nature sugar crystals(these you can find www.bariatriceating.com) 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 2 Tbsp candied ginger, coarsely chopped FILLING 2- 8 ounce packages of cream cheese at room temperature 3/4 cup nature sugar crystals 1 Tbsp all purpose flour 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice 1/2 tsp ground ginger 3 large eggs 1 cup solid pack pumpkin NOT PIE FILLING Crust and topping: In a medium bowl, toss the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter, nature sugar crystals, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Place 1/4 cup of the mixture in a small bowl and add the candied ginger to it and set aside this will be the cakes topping. Press the remaining crumbs into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan or a 9 inch cake pan. Filling: Preheat the o en to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Add the nature sugar crystals, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and ginger then beat until combined. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then the pumpkin puree until it's just incorporated. Pour the filling into the pan over the crust and bake until set at the edges but still soft at the center, about 45 minutes. Turn off the heat, crack open the oven door and let the cheesecake cool inside for 1 hour. Remove cheesecake from oven and set at room temperature until completely cool, 2 to 3 hours: refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours garnish with topping and serve.
Molly Mae
on 11/22/05 5:42 am - WA
Hi Debbie! I have been so bad at not popping over to this board as often as I should! I would love to get together with you and whoever else can. How about sometime next week? Mondays are not good and weekends are always consumed. The later into the evening the better for me, but I am flexible! hugs! Molly I can't wait to see and hear all about your progress! You are doing so good I bet!
Most Active