Surgery Results

jlthom5
on 11/20/05 10:44 am - Yakima, WA
I had surgery at Kennewick General Hospital July 5, 2005 with Dr. Heap as my surgeon. The staff was beyond super. Dr. Heap did a great job. I have had no complications except a little anemia and am taking timed release iron. I lost my taste for a lot of things when I first had the surgery but regained what I lost. I have lost 50 plus pounds from a high of 264. I have had plateaus but discovered I wasn't eating enough. As soon as I increased my calorie intake I started losing weight again. Go figure. Now that was really a different experience, eating more to lose weight. I have had days when I was pooped out but every day I have begun to regain what I used to be, a healthy, happy, strong person. This surgery has been life changing and I would support anyone's decision to go for it. Not being focused on food is a burden I no longer have. Good luck to all of you. Janice Thompson Yakima, WA
Gaynelle Sihto
on 11/29/05 2:49 pm - Thorp, WA
Hi Janice I live in Thorp and am hoping to find a support group in the area. Do you know of any. I hope to have surgery in January. Thanks Gaynelle
jlthom5
on 11/30/05 2:07 am - Yakima, WA
Gaynelle, A group meets the second Saturday of the month at the 5th Avenue Deli at 11 AM. in Yakima. I have yet to go because something always comes up but if I will put it on the calendar right now! I checked with Dr. Heap's office and the group is doing a gift exchange this December but I'm not going to participate, obviously, since I've never gone before. I'm a returning Yakima native after 34 years in Seattle so I don't know too many people here. I should have gone to this group before but my next neighbor had the surgery so she was my on site support. You can go this December and I will, too, so there can be 2 strangers at the meeting. What kind of surgery are you going to have? Email me direct if you want [email protected] Luck.
Most Active