1 YEAR OUT!!!!!!!!!

awidick
on 11/19/05 3:09 am - Spanaway, WA
I am so happy to be here. It was a struggle at times but well worth it!! Looking back at all I have been through and struggled through, I would do it all over again. I pray I never have to though. I thank Dr. Weber so much for my second chance at life and hope I don't disappoint him!! I have lost 116 pounds and 114 inches. I feel great. Only my husband can't seem to keep up with me now. He would rather stay home and watch the boob tube. He watches Back to the Future, Alien vs Preditor, and Star Trek evertime they are on. I think he knows them all by heart!! It seems though that him and I are headed in different directions. He doesn't seem to be to interested in me anymore. I can't really put my finger on it but things are definately different. I just want to go, go, go. He just wants to be a bump on the couch. I'm really struggling with it. Our sex life......well, what sex life. There isn't a drive anymore on his side. Can't figure that out either. Everyone says after such a weight loss, the sex drive should be stronger but it's definetly gone in the oposite direction. What a drag!!! But I have to say, I am very happy with my new life and how I feel. I want to say thank you to everyone for all your support. Without all of you, my outcome wouldn't have been what it is. Thank you!! Arlene
Diane DeSeranno
on 11/19/05 11:42 am - Long Beach, WA
Glad to hear you are happy and doing so well. I'm sure thing between your husband and you will work out. Just give it some time. Take care and keep up the good work.
Camano-Tina
on 11/20/05 11:49 am - Camano Island, WA
Dear Arlene: Congratulations! You have done great and look wonderful! So happy for you. Just want you know how pleased I am for you. As for your husband, he may just be feeling very insecure. Like it or not, we become co-dependants after so many years. He may not think he's the hot stuff he used to be when we were just homebodies, and didn't feel like going anywhere. I pray he will wake up and smell the roses. He may need some counselling to get used to the new you. Just don't let him sabbotage you. I once lost half my weight on WW and my husband told me he liked me better when I was fat--needless to say, I gained that plus more back. That's not to say, he was the blame--only to caution you. I celebrated my natural birthday by going to a friend's house. It was his birthday too. His wife is a wonderful cook and my mouth was watering, but, only 6 weeks post op, I brought my pureed food. I really did enjoy the company though. They even bought me an outfit I have to shrink into. I am doing fine, wish I would lose a little faster and could eat regular food, but I still have so much to thank you for. God bless you and help you in each decision. I will pray things improve for you and your family. Love, Santina
auntlorlee
on 11/21/05 7:27 am - Bellingham, WA
Oh my gosh honey, it seems like you and I are living the same life, or lack of life. My husband is the same way as yours. Would rather sit home and sleep or watch the damn TV. I can't sit still for long now that I have lost 50lbs. I can only imagine how it will be when I lose another 50. Congrats on the 116lbs! whoo hoo! You go with your sexy self! I can't wait to be there with ya! Glad to see you are back in action here. We missed you terribly! Lori
Jer
on 11/21/05 10:16 am - Milwaukie, OR
some people who were heavy to begin with and have lost a lot of weight come out with enough extra hide to make a living room set. That extra pouch can either make us look like the Michelin Man or a kangaroo on steroids. That can not look too appetizing to a mate, and our sex life often suffers. Hopefully, this is not the case. But face it, even normal weight people grow apart. You have grown on the couch together. But then it's like one becomes a kid again and has more energy and get up and go, while the other is still feeling like an Idaho potatoe. If things were reversed and you traded places and he was the energetic one, but you were still sprouting roots from your potatoe eyes, how would you feel? But don't throw it away. Counceling may help, and so might plastic surgery for us that have the loose skin. That gives us an extra good excuse to get it.
Mari J
on 11/23/05 2:22 am - Kent, WA
It's good to hear from you. Congratulations!!! You are awesome!! Mari
JustHat
on 11/25/05 9:50 am - NM
What a fast year it was. Do you want me to come up there and kick his butt off that d@mn couch for you? I guess we never really went through that. Well, not since surgery anyway. When I married him, I knew he wasn't likely to leave the TV during basketball season. I still hate it. But, at least now I am too busy and too tired to care what he is doing. When we were still up there and I got that get up and go feeling, I went. It didn't bother me one bit to leave his lazy butt at home. Sure, it is nice to have him with me. But, I am not going to sit around waiting on him. And, since I wasn't making him go with me, he was happy to let me go. But, it has back fired on him a couple of times and he felt left out. On time was right before surgery when I had family pictures taken. He whined. So, he wasn't in our family pictures. Something about seeing the family without him in it made him much more eager to get in the next one. Maybe it is the male view vrs. female view, but I don't think that a little extra skin should stand between a couple in love. But, I do understand that men are visual. But, I can be visual too. Right now I am visualizing my kicking him in the rear. Anyway, if you get the plastics done, do it for YOU not him and not your marriage. Now back to other things...GOOD FOR YOU! It has been a rougher year for you than most. And, you came through with a smile on your face. I don't know how you have done it, but you have earned every single pound lost. :: Lots of love and congrats, Hat
awidick
on 11/26/05 12:19 am - Spanaway, WA
Thank you Hat. It's always nice to hear from you. You really must be busy because we hardly hear from you anymore. So how are you doing since your surgery? I have an appointment on the 14th of December with the Avalon Clinic. So how many cc did you get? I told them on the phone that I wanted to be a DD but I don't know if they will give me them. We'll see. Hey send more pictures please. Talk to you soon. Arlene
Most Active