Struggling I really need support

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/05 10:03 am
I Just moved to Washington last month. I am struggling not to eat for the wrong reasons because I am lonely and getting depressed. I have done so well up until my move here. I have lost 125 pounds in 11 months. I left behind a close knit support group. I feel so lost here without my friends. I will be having an appointment with Dr. Billings in Edmonds for my one year followup. I don't know if he has a support grou*****t. Someone had e-mailed me awhile ago about meeting and I replied and never heard back. I can't find the e-mail now. If anyone around Lake Stevens would like to get together for coffee and support I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for listening. ~~Jaimee
auntlorlee
on 11/17/05 12:44 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Jaimee! I live way up north in Whatcom County. I too feel lost at times since there is only one support group up here that I really don't feel comfortable going to. I won't get into why. So I feel your pain. I wish I lived closer to you all down south. I do know that there are quite a few support groups down your way. I hope someone responds to this thread with some help for you. Good luck and welcome to Washington! Lori 281/232/140
ChinahSea
on 11/17/05 1:24 am - Lakewood, WA
Hi Jaimee!! I'm way down here in the Tacoma area, but thought I would give you a (((hug))) because I know what it feels like to feel lost and insecure I've moved here and there and it's gross sometimes - however - it won't be long till you are all hooked up and doin' great again!! I'll bet your Dr will have a great support group!
Aunt Pam
on 11/18/05 10:57 am - Arlington, WA
Jaimee... I was the one who emailed you! The other gal that was planning on starting it with me just had surgry, so I guess we though of waiting until after that. It looked like the meeting were going to be on Saturday or Sunday, we had not decided a time, nor a place. I volunteered to have it at my home here in Smokey Point, as I can not drive. Any way... maybe we should just start! [email protected] Hugs, Aunt Pam
Aunt Pam
on 11/18/05 11:02 am - Arlington, WA
Jaimee, I can not believe I did not respond to your posting of having struggles.... I got so excited to find you again! Your support group sounded like it was such a good blend of people, I hope we can put that together here for us. Maybe you can help mold the support group, as I am not sure how one is run. I have only done therapy support groups in my work. I can not wait to hear from you.... If you want I can email you my phone number so we can begin visiting and planning. Until I hear from you... remember I care so much and I am thinking about you lots! hugs, Aunt Pam
Camano-Tina
on 11/20/05 12:59 pm - Camano Island, WA
Jamie: Where are you located? I live on Camano Island, and I was interested when Aunt Pam said they would be starting a group in Smokey Point or Marysville. Right now I go to the one in Bellingham on Monday nights, but would enjoy having one closer. I am 6 weeks post op and still on pureed food. Love, Santina
Alex T
on 11/20/05 1:08 pm - Mill Creek, WA
Hello Jaimee: Good luck. I hope all goes well. Dr. Billing is outstanding. He did my LAP-band on Halloween. Stay at it and get things jump-started again. You have done so well and I know you will get it back on track. Regards, Alex
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/05 4:45 am
Thank you all for responding to my post. I am doing much better today and I look forward to meeting many of you. Your e-mails to me were so kind. Right now it is looking like Monday or Friday evenings might work out the best for me to meet with some of you. Weekends are out because it is really the only time My husband and I have with the kids as a family. We promised eachother that we wouldn't plan anything regular on Saturday and Sunday. If anyone would be interested in meeting with me at the Denny's restaurant in Everett on Monday next week, please e-mail me. Jaimee
Dakotaoh
on 11/27/05 12:38 pm - Ft. Mitchell, KY
Hi Jaimee, Folks on the Ohio board have been wondering about you. Just today Lorraine May posted something to you. Come on back once in a while and let us know how you are doing.
Most Active