Help! My Scale Has Stopped Moving!

Camano-Tina
on 11/14/05 7:14 am - Camano Island, WA
Hi Everyone, Santina here! I can't say, I am crazy about Mondays, but I will try to be cheerful. I had my grandkids for 4 days, and they kept be hopping and busy. I enjoyed having them here, but did not enjoy watching them eat pasta and meatballs, Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonalds, Ice cream and popcorn, while I am still eating my pureed food. I am trying to be patient, but, it doesn't help that my scale hasn't moved in two weeks. I am ready to throw this scale out and get a new one. Has this happened to anyone else? I am 5 weeks post op and have lost 35# and 25". But the scales have stayed the same for two weeks. What gives? Any response? Am I eating too much protein? I am trying to get in between 75-100grams a day. I have been walking everyday, so I am getting my exercise. All suggestions appreciated. Also, I notice Arlene Weddick will have a one year anniversary on Novermber 19th, I would like to send her a card. Is that possible? We all need to let her know how well she has done and send congratulations. Love, Santina
sttar
on 11/14/05 12:25 pm - fort Lewis, wa
I had that problem with a slow moving scale my weight dropped off slowly but I'm now 18 months out and I was 255 and now I'm 126 so just give it alittle time. I did and I can't believe I'm down this far. Sometimes I think I'm dreaming. Best of luck. It will come off .
auntlorlee
on 11/15/05 12:52 am - Bellingham, WA
Santina dear you are perfectly normal. I went through a plateau almost weekly during my first two months. At 5 weeks, I didn't lose a lb for 2 weeks or better. Don't worry sweetie. You will lose weight. I go through a stall about every 2 weeks or so. I found that I wasn't eating enough. Once I started eating more, I started to drop weight. It's really hard not to get discouraged at this point. You want to see instant results. I know I do. And I get very frustrated when I don't. Just know that you have all of us to support you and whenever you need to vent, come on in! Take care and keep up the good work! When was the last time you lost 35lbs in 5 weeks??? Lori
sassy
on 11/15/05 3:25 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
increase your protien and water intake... when i stall, i find that more protein and water will pull me out of it. and for us, there is no such thing as too much protein, we need all we can get. good luck!!
Camano-Tina
on 11/16/05 5:48 am - Camano Island, WA
Thanks for the encouraging words and suggestions to try more protein and water. Appreciate your taking the time to respond to my request. God Bless you! Love, Santina
Most Active