Salads

Jazwog
on 11/14/05 3:50 am - Medical Lake, WA
I am 7 weeks post op when can I introduce salads? I am craving it soo bad!!!
Darcy
on 11/14/05 3:55 am - Washington State
Hey Michelle! I started having salads 3 weeks post-op...BUt I had the Duodenal Switch instead of the RNY...I'm not sure when RNY'rs can have salads. Sorry. I just wanted to say HELLO and to congratulate you on having surgery...I had mine in Brazil on July 20th of this year. So far I've lost 66 pounds! Isn't life after WLS great! Hugs and Nice meeting you, ~Darcy
auntlorlee
on 11/14/05 5:34 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi there Michelle! Congrats on the 38lbs! I couldn't do lettuce for about 2 months. I just started being able to eat it. My nutritionist was ok with me trying it so check with yours first. I too was craving it sooo bad! I still can't eat iceburg lettuce for some reason but do well with romaine. I love cucumbers and tomatoes and they sit well for me but I am about 11 weeks out. Good luck to you! Lori 281/232/140
sassy
on 11/15/05 3:19 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i know this is gonna sound gross, but it really works.... make your salad and put your dressing on it mix it up really good, then let it sit in the fridge and get soggy.... yeah i know... but, it works... lol i myself couldnt do it, but a lot of my friends did, and still do....
Tanja Y
on 11/15/05 7:48 am - Wahiawa, HI
That's how I did my salads for a while. Iceberg still bothers me and I'm 16 months post-op. I don't even bother trying to eat it anymore. ~Tanja
Most Active