I need supliment advice - protien and vitamins

lil miss amy
on 11/13/05 7:21 am - Tacoma, WA
I went to a health store and was overwhelmed. My surgery is scheduled for November 28th, but was told I have to have a 7 day liquid diet before surgery and that I should take my protien and vitamins during that time, wich is comming up fast. The store gave me 4 samples of protien, and I'm afraid to buy a huge thing of it because what if I hate it. So I left feeling comfussed. They had a lot of vitamins, but I have to get chewable or liquid and I'm not sure what all I need. Any advise is welcomed. I'd love to know what you like and even what you hate.
chatty kathy
on 11/13/05 11:20 pm - new berlin, WI
Unjury is tasteless. Well, it comes in vanilla or chocolate but does not taste awful Childrens COMPLETE chewable vitamins are good, two a day. Go to unjury.com for the protein. It is used by just about EVERYONE in my support group...hundreds of people.
lil miss amy
on 11/14/05 7:16 am - Tacoma, WA
Thank you I will have to try unjury out. Do you have to take other vitamins or is the childrens complete enough?
sassy
on 11/14/05 6:14 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
you can also check out vitalady.com, she is located in spanaway so you can go check out her store, and they will let you sample protiens until you are blue in the face and have found something you like. as for me, i really like the nectars, because its like a juice. they have tons of flavors, and ive found those dont taste like the other protiens do, and you dont have to worry too much about them getting clumpy, just stir em good. she also has lots of the vitamins there as well, and lots of other goodies for when you can eat solid foods again. i also like the chocolate ones that i can throw into my coffee, like in an iced mocha or frap... im a coffee addict, so that helps me out a lot too. good luck!!
lil miss amy
on 11/14/05 7:21 am - Tacoma, WA
I will have to check out vitalady, sound just like what I need. Spanaway being so close is helpful too. I love coffee too so Im sure I would like to try that out too. thank you.
Most Active