Thanksgiving!!!

Diane DeSeranno
on 11/13/05 6:38 am - Long Beach, WA
Well the holiday will soon be here. All the food! OH MY what a test this will be for all of us. But this year remember it's really not all about the food. It is more about Family and loved ones. Instead of focusing on the food try keeping your mind on how far you have come and all the things you have to be thankful for. For those of us who have been fortunate enough to have the surgery, we have truely been bless. We have been given a tool and it is up to us to use it or abuse it. If you do happen to over eat, don't get dismayed, just bounce back. Try cuting back a little on the food the next day and add alittle more exercise as well. For those who have not been able to get approved for surgery yet. Don't give up hope and let the food get the best of you. You'll only feel worse later. As far as you surgery, what does not happen now can always happen later. God has done some amazing things. God Bless you all this Holiday Season.
lil miss amy
on 11/13/05 7:35 am - Tacoma, WA
My surgery is Nov 28th, and on Thanksgiving I will be on a liquid diet! haha lucky me. I think if I had already had my surgery it might be easier, but since it will be before my surgery I have desided I will send my daughter to grandmas and stay home. Also durning my family christmas party we have around the 16th of December I will be on blended foods. I was not planning to tell my extended family of the surgery but since we'll be staying at my grandparents house they will wonder why I'm not eating their food. So I might have to tell them. However, I'm happy and excited to have the surgery and am looking at it as my own Christmas gift to myself.
Most Active