Hey Everybody!

craigerzz
on 11/13/05 5:11 am - Klamath Falls, OR
Even though I've moved to Oregon I still drop by and read the Washington boards to see how everyone is doing. It's been a long time since I've posted but I just wanted to say hi and let everyone know that I'm hoping they're doing alright. I can't believe it's been over a year since surgery for me! Alot of changes in that year.... Craigerzz 379/219/200
Diane DeSeranno
on 11/13/05 6:01 am - Long Beach, WA
Well hello, I'm from Seaview, WA (Long Beach area) I just looked at your profile, WOW the photo difference is amaging. You look great. Good job
craigerzz
on 11/16/05 12:04 pm - Klamath Falls, OR
Thanks Diane, I always appreciate positive encouragement! I like the Long Beach area, it's a wonderful place to visit. It must be wonderful to live there! Craigerzz
lil miss amy
on 11/13/05 7:38 am - Tacoma, WA
I'm from the Tacoma area. I like your profile, you sure are looking great! Congrats!
craigerzz
on 11/16/05 12:06 pm - Klamath Falls, OR
Hi Amy! I used to work in the Tacoma/Lakewood area up until a couple months ago. Where I live now has so much less traffic! lol Thanks for your kind words! Craigerzz
sassy
on 11/15/05 3:21 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
hey stranger, good to see you posting again. awesome work by the way, i checked out your profile.... you look awesome! keep in touch!!
craigerzz
on 11/16/05 12:08 pm - Klamath Falls, OR
Hi there stranger, good to see you on here. It's been an up and down ride the last 6 months or so, but things are finally getting better with life! I hope your doing well too! Craigerzz
Waiting Hoping
on 11/15/05 8:09 am - seattle, WA
Hey Craig. . . here's a suggestion about the dizzy spells. Do you know anyone with diabetes? If so, ask if you can use their glucometer to test your blood glucose. If you are dizzy from super low glucose levels (after all your weight loss, we can be pretty sure it is NOT diabetes/high blood glucose!). If no one you know has a glucometer (gosh, I have two here in Seattle and would happily lend one to you and happily gift you a few test strips), then try this: keep some hard candy handy and the next time you are dizzy, eat some. If your dizziness clears up right away, it WAS low blood sugar. Which is not to say that being dizzy is not serious. A community health clinic?
craigerzz
on 11/16/05 12:11 pm - Klamath Falls, OR
I'm going to give that a try and see what happens. My health insurance goes into effect in January so it's not too far off until I can see a Doctor. I'll post and let you all know if that has an effect or not. Thanks for the great idea! Craigerzz
ncarter11
on 11/16/05 4:53 am - Edmonds, WA
WONDERFUL! You look great! Congrats on all your progress! I am thrilled for you! Hey, I have the dizzy/black out probs too. I think for me it's not blood sugar, but low blood pressure. All my labs have some back great. Fasting glucose etc. I struggle similarly with transitions - laying to sitting, sitting to standing. I try and take transitions slow and give myself enough time to adjust to the change. I have found that "Postural (or Orthostatic) Hypotension" most closely describes what I experience: A drop in blood pressure (hypotension) due to a change in body position (posture) when a person moves to a more vertical position: from sitting to standing or from lying down to sitting or standing. The change in position causes a temporary reduction in blood flow and therefore a shortage of oxygen to the brain. This leads to lightheadedness and, sometimes, a "black out" episode, a loss of consciousness. Some ideas to help you... Check your BP at the local drug store to see if it's low. Postural Hypotension is some times caused by low blood volume which might be a result of dehydration or anemia. Make sure you take in enough fluids and take in extra fluids on days when your activity level is high. You may want to consider increasing your iron if you suspect that it might be a cause. It doesn't sound like you do, but don't sit still for long periods of time. Get up and move regularly. I read also that coffee and salt might help. (I crave and indulge in salt like mad, I was surprised that my sodium levels were normal!) Anyway - congrats to you! Blessings, Nancy 276/132/138 Below goal! Medial RNY 09/16/04
Most Active