U of W wls Question

Aunt Pam
on 11/11/05 4:41 pm - Arlington, WA
I wondered: Is anyone else is going to the U of W for their wls??? Anyone attending the info meeting this next Wednesday? Which Doctor did/do you have? Are you on Medicare? If so, did it cover everything? Anything else???????? thanks for answering me. pam
kennywsp4
on 11/13/05 3:00 pm - Bremerton, WA
I went there for mine last january 20th.My surgeon was DR Flum and he and his staff are great.I am on medicare and state and they covered everything.He wanted me to attend his next wls support group but I have a hard time getting to Seattle(no car that will make it lol)I started out at 434lbs I am now down to 240 lbs!If you have any questions feel free to E-mail me .Kim
Waiting Hoping
on 11/15/05 7:37 am - seattle, WA
I am on Medicare and Medicaid and I have been slowly working my way through the UW Bariatric Surgery bureaucracy. My primary care doc made a referral back in May. I had my first appoinmtment with a surgeon on Oct. 3rd. He ordered a bunch of tests and his next available appointment was Nov. 21st. I have now had all the tests and I expect to be given a surgery date when I meet him on Monday, the 21st. One tip about the tests: if you need a sleep apnea test, UW surgery staff refers you to Harborview. The wait for sleep apnea test at UW is long. . . if I had waited for them, I still wouldn't have the test completed. So I asked my primary doc to refer me to someone else for sleep apnea test, which she did. I was able to get in immediately to sleepmedicine nw and get my test done within a week of the referral. I am glad to see that medicare and medicaid paid for everything for another. If you, Pam, are only on Medicare, it will not, of course, pay for everything but it would pay for just about everything. It is not my only insurance. And yes, I am going to the weight loss surgery info session tomorrow night. My apologies for using an anonymous name on these boards. I just don't want anything I say about my most private health matters floating on the internet. If someone reading this wants to communicate with me, private message me, maybe.
Most Active