very upset

iluvgothmog
on 11/9/05 4:57 am - Mount Vernon, WA
I recently had to shop for new health insurance, my first time in many years. Well I just recieved notice that I am not elgible for anything but high risk because of my obesity and my diabetes. How can I be high risk when my lab work is better than all of my so called health friends? With the high risk policy comes high risk cost and I can't do it. I am very upset, actually crying which I don't do easily. Anyone have words of wisdom?
Aunt Pam
on 11/9/05 2:21 pm - Arlington, WA
Melinda, I sure understand your being upset by this unfortunate news. I too went through this about 25 years ago at 203 pounds, and I was very upset and cried. I did end up getting the "high risk" insurance for major medical only. And then over the years I put on extra 200 pounds or more... ha ha ha I showed them. My words of wisdom: 1. Learn from my bad response you do not need to gain weight over this depressing situation. 2. See if you qualify for Washington State Basic Health.. it is like a group insurance and there is not the "qualifing" involved for only the "healthy". 3. Wisdom is learning that you can not change the insurance "rule" in a day, but you can write to your congress person about this terrible insurance ruling and that there is a need for good medical insurance for everyone even us BBW. Change can happen - if not for you, maybe for that person who is over insurance weight in twenty-five years or less!!! We do not need to keep repeating this insult to our existance. Today it is hard news to hear, but there is always a tomarrow.... I care and understand... ~*~ Pam
Most Active