Stuff to buy before surgery

skt0435
on 11/6/05 11:27 am - spanaway, WA
I am looking for information as to what I should buy to be ready for surgery and afterwards as well. I am just trying to get prepared. Any ideas?
Jer
on 11/7/05 2:12 pm - Milwaukie, OR
well, don't make the mistake and buy a bunch of protein drinks beforehand. Just a few different ones to try. Some of them you may not be able to stomach or like and they will sit there taking up space. I still have a bunch from my surgery in July that I didn't like. But you should be on a liquid diet for the 1st 4 weeks so you will need some. You will need to get bariatric vitamins. These you will probably have to take from now on as you will not get the vitamins from your food that you do eat. Some regular vitamins like Centrum may not disolve fully so get some that are either chewable or the capsules that dislove fast. General Nutrition Center has a lot of stuff like that. Or you can probably find them on line.
ncarter11
on 11/8/05 2:51 am - Edmonds, WA
I have a link at the top of my profile to lists the things I brought to the hospital. I rate them too. Jerry is right - don't buy too many shakes and the like before surgery - your tastes will change quite a bit. It'd be best to enlist someone who could either take you shopping or run to the store for you afterwards. I was so sick of sweet tasting fluids! I craved (and still do) salty food options. Blessings and prayers for a safe and successful surgery and recovery! nan
Most Active