New Kid on the block!

yulyburger
on 11/6/05 3:05 am - Kirkland, WA
I have been researching surgery for 20 years when a friend of mine had surgery. Three years ago my best friend had a bypass and she looks great and has energy. Last year I was diagnosed with type II diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and I was already on a CPAP. I thought I better get down to business and figure out some changes. I originally set out to get the Lap-band but after meeting my surgeon and the info meeting I change my mind. I met with my surgeon on Thusday the 3rd and he is submitting all my paper work in to Aetna. I hope to have a date very soon. He said will try to do it before the end of the year.PTL
Tricia W.
on 11/6/05 11:26 am - Yakima, WA
Welcome. I think this site will be a very useful tool for you. I am amazed at how knowledgeable wls people are. I have made a lot of decisions on different things based on this site. I too am hoping to have surgery by the end of the year. I am going to end up being a self pay after fighting with the insurance companies. I can't waste anymore time. Keep us posted on when your date is. Who is your surgeon? Good Luck!!!! Trish
karen C.
on 11/12/05 10:31 pm - Kennewick, WA
Tricia, Sounds like we have a few things in common. I too was a self pay due to a "heartless" insurance company. Uniform Medical won't cover WLS even "if medically necessary." What a load of Crap! However, that doesn't change things. My 94 yr old mom loaned me the money, I am now almost 9 mos post op LAP RNY and I have lost 153 lbs. I weigh 224 down from 377. My life has changed. I'm living life fully now, not jus****ching from the sidelines. I live in Kennewick not far from you. Let me know if I can do anything to support you as you begin this journey. My kids are both WSU grads so I remember those Mom's weekends well! Best wishes to you as you begin this journey. It's an incredible ride and well worth it. You won't regret it. Karen
BARBARA E.
on 11/6/05 1:15 pm - AUBURN, WA
HI CAROL, I TOO AM TRYING TO GET THINGS IN ORDER SO I CAN HAVE REVISION BUT JUST GOT ON A NEW INS. AND BY THE SOUNDS OF IT THEY WILL NOT COVER ANY SURGERIES UNDER ANY CIR****TANCES. I READ THE INSURANCE CO. THAT DIFFERENT PEOPLE SAID COVERED THEM WITH NO PROBLEMS AND OURS HAPPENS TO BE THE WORST. EVEN AFTER SEVERAL APPEALS THEY SAID NO. NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO? I CAN'T AFFORD TO COME UP WITH THE MONEY MYSELF!!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS. MAYBE GET ANOTHER INS. JUST TO COVER ME. DID YOU HAVE TO HAVE A REFERAL FROM YOU PCP? THANKS FOR ANY HELP THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME...... BARB
Camano-Tina
on 11/7/05 7:19 am - Camano Island, WA
Hi Carol, Welcome to the board! My name is Santina and I had RNY (open) surgery on October 10th. One month ago, today. I can't tell you how happy I am I had the surgery.:thumsup: This is the place I started to get my information. That was in August. I have a wonderful doctor, Dr. Weber, and am learing how to eat differently since my surgery. But, I am walking and have lost 35# so far. Keep asking questions and doing what your doctor tells you. We are glad you are here. Love, Santina
karen C.
on 11/12/05 10:34 pm - Kennewick, WA
Carole, Best wishes to you. I had surgery in Kirkland at Evergreen Hospital in February. I have lost 153 lbs so far and feel great. My doctor was David Lauter. He was wonderful and his office staff was very supportive. Just returned from my almost 9 mo post op. Everything including my labs looks great. It was the best decision I have ever made. Take care, Karen
Most Active