Moving to WA and need some info!

me myself and i
on 10/31/05 5:01 am - somewhere
Howdy! My husband got a job in Dupont...so we're moving to Washington from California.... I have no clue on what areas to avoid...where there are good schools...etc we're looking to stay within maybe a 30 minute commute of Dupont.... can anybody here help me out?? thanks!! Christine
Molly Mae
on 10/31/05 10:06 pm - WA
Hi! You are gonna love this area. I do! I am newer here myself but my hubby is a native. I am emailing you! hugs, Molly
skt0435
on 11/1/05 2:46 am - spanaway, WA
Lacey is a good area - Steilcom is another nice area - stay away from Olympia - too much traffic. Yelm is good also - small quiet town. You will like that area. Oh by the way - Welcome to Washington.!!!!!!!!!
me myself and i
on 11/1/05 3:02 am - somewhere
Hi Susan! Thanks for the welcome! this move is killing me I've heard so many different version of what areas are good and which ones aren't...uughhhh.... I'll pull it together though! thanks again ~Christine
auntlorlee
on 11/1/05 7:37 am - Bellingham, WA
Welcome to Washington Christine! I hope you find what you are looking for. I am from wayyyyy up north near the Canadian border so I am of no help to you! Good luck! Great idea of asking around. I think you will get some good advice here! Lori
debidoo
on 11/1/05 8:18 am - lakewood, WA
Hello Christine, Welcome, I am north about 3 exits from Dupont. I hope you love it here. I lived in So Cal for 2 yrs.. I do miss the sunshine but there is no place like here. Email me if you would like all the great shopping tips and places to go around here. I look forward to hearing from you Debbie
ChinahSea
on 11/2/05 12:00 am - Lakewood, WA
Hi Christine! I'm a few minutes North of Dupont. Welcome to the area!! I'm sure you will like it here, and if you want anything specific, please feel free to e-mail me, ok? My Daughter goes to school in the Clover Park school district, and I'm pretty happy with them. As for where to look to live... I would avoid places like Puyallup, Graham, etc... because the growth in that direction is too fast for the area, and the traffic is a M E S S !! Not too sure what kind of area you like, but Steilacoom and University Place are really nice - University Place is a bit further North, though. Please feel free to e-mail me if you want some more specific info!!
S Andrews
on 11/2/05 12:08 am - eatonville, WA
Hi Christine, I agree with Susan- Lacey is a very nice area, Yelm is a great area if you like that small town atmosphere- I personally love it. Dupont has a very nice planned community that is being built up and its lovely. Don't know much about the schools in that area.I wouldn't head to far north of Dupont-Fort Lewis area just because of the crime. I personally live southwest of Yelm in a little town called Eatonville. Its very quiet here, very little crime and the schools are pretty good. My kids all went to school here, graduated and have all now graduated from college so I guess it can't be to bad. My husband works at Fort Lewis and it takes him about 35 minutes to get there. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. I grew up in the area and am quite familar with it. Sharon A
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/05 8:14 am - Kennewick, WA
Welcome to Washington Christine!!!! I myself moved here from So Cal last fall ... and sofar I'm loving it!! I had a good transition since we had a great winter last year!! I miss the sunshine, but not the heat ... the summers here are so mild and really nice!! I live more north, probably an hour or so from Bellingham where Lorlee lives, so I cant help much with area info except I lived in Spanaway for a few months and that area had nice spots, but also some really nasty spots!! Good luck and hope you find the info you need!! Marlize
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/05 1:29 pm - Yakima, WA
You could make DH commute from Yakima
Most Active