PS update

JustHat
on 10/26/05 2:36 pm - NM
My appointment was last Monday. It was in and out in 5 minutes. I have been disappointed in my results. Not so much in the work she did, but I guess I had some fantasy thing going on that I would end up wiht a 16 year old's body. I had hoped that all of the stretch marks would be gone. And, I had hoped that by now my implants would feel like more a part of my body. At least I have stopped running into thing with them. Over all, I am very satisfied. There are a few flaws that I try to ignore. But, when I saw my surgeon, she wasn't about to ignore anything. She promised before surgery that she would do touch ups for free in her office. The only cost would be if we have to go back to the OR. Well, the minute I dropped my shirt, she was on me. She said she was really unhappy with the hang on one of my breasts. She says because of the previous damage to my skin, it isn't holding up well. She wants to cut down my scar, remove some more skin and sew it back together. She also said that it is getting bad enough that she might not be able to do it in her office. The other thing is that I do have a little too much skin right above my belly button. I go back to see her in Dec. At that point, we should know better what we are facing. Two things about my implants are worth mentioning. They still ache sometimes. I don't even conciously realize it. I just find myself rubbing my boobs. I work alone most of the time. So, no big deal. But, I really have to try and be careful around others especially since I work with mostly men. Another thing is that since they are behind my muscle, when I lift something, my implants get squeezed. When I am topless, I can make them do tricks. DH is really happy with the results. I didn't think that it really made that much difference when I had my clothes on. But, he said everything fits better and I look so much better. I know that I am not as papanoid about a little skin showing when I move or raise my arms. Of course, my 12 year old isn't so happy when my skin shows. He follows me around pulling my shirt down. DH has wanted me to go braless for some of my shirts. But, after years of battling gravity, I just can't do it. Maybe next summer when it warms up and I can wear those shirts, I might try it.
ncarter11
on 11/2/05 4:27 am - Edmonds, WA
Hello Hat! You sound great! I'm so glad your surgeries went well and that the results are good - over all. Your hubby sounds thrilled! I'm glad for both of you! I hope that some of the 'kinks' work themselves out or you find that they are tolerable by comparison. I hope you can avoid additional surgery - at least the OR, anyway! My and my basset-hound-ear-breasts are doing just dandy. Would you believe that I am a 32 C - that C is only because all the skin! I am waiting a year to consider surgery. I figure if my body is still adjusting now, then I might as well give it all the chance to do what it can on its own. The boobs are shot. It's the tummy that still changing. I'm not expecting miracles, tho. I have a wish list of surgeries I'd like. Dr W kinda bashed my hopes that I could get insurance to pay for any. I'll investigate more next year. I will document in the meantime. I am down to a size 6 - OMG! I will be getting work done on my vericose viens (I have those big ropey ones all over my legs) starting in December. I have postponed starting the procedures until after the Seattle 1/2 Marathon. The recovery days would impact my training schedule. Have any imput on maintenance? Do you know how many cals you eat a day? I'm trying to stop losing now. Last month I lost 5 lbs, this month only 1. Yeah! I've been hitting the fitness boards to get help on endurance sports nutrition and WLS. I want to figure out what it is that I need to eat to maintain and seperately learn to fuel workouts lasting over an hour. Some runs I have burned 1300 calories! Can you imagine trying to get those in? Anyway...I ramble. I'm glad I popped in when I did and got to read your PS update! I'm just tickled for you. Have a fabulous day! Nancy 276/132/138 6 lbs below goal. Medial RNY 09/16/04
Most Active