Support Group forming

Cathy C
on 10/23/05 8:49 am - Friday Harbor, WA
Hello all! In Feb. of this year, I moved from Cleveland, OH to San Juan Island, WA. I LOVE it out here, but miss my support group terribly. I told my husband this and his comment was, "So, why don't you start one?" Well, there you go! So, I am! I have posted on the local online paper (www.sanjuanislander.com) and on boards around Friday Harbor. So far, no response. I know of only one other person on island that has had WLS. To tell you the truth, I'm doing this for selfish reasons...I NEED THE SUPPORT! I know there are support groups around Seattle and on the mainland, but I don't have the money to pay for ferry fees and gas to get to them from here. SO...if any of you know any WLS posts-ops in the San Juan's, can you pass the word on to them? Thanks, neighbors!
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/05 8:15 am - Kennewick, WA
I would love to join your support group, but I'm in Bellevue and like you, I wouldnt have the money for ferry fees and gas to come on over and support! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find some support buddies though!! Marlize
Cathy C
on 10/25/05 2:03 am - Friday Harbor, WA
Thank you, Marlize! There are a lot of great things about living on this beautiful island. Resources is not one of them. All the best to you in Bellevue! Cathy
skt0435
on 10/25/05 8:53 am - spanaway, WA
i would like to join one also - so why not try a chat room or something like that
Cathy C
on 10/29/05 11:22 am - Friday Harbor, WA
Hi Susan, Before my surgery in the Fall of 03, I found the chat rooms very helpful and supportive here. Unfortunately, I feel they have changed and are more social chat like any other chat room out there. I have also found that the language and topics can be a little offensive. Not all the time, mind you. The idea of face-to-face support appeals to me much more than chatting. To each his/her own I guess Cathy
cheryl D.
on 11/3/05 3:54 pm - bellingham, WA
I agree. I love the boards but find the chat line too gossipy.
Most Active