Let's do an old fashioned "Meet and Greet!"

Janna B.
on 10/31/05 2:46 am - Silverdale, WA
We love hearing about you too Jill! Nice to meet you and keep up the great work!! Janna
ChinahSea
on 10/30/05 9:30 am - Lakewood, WA
Hey!! I'm Tracy and am working my way through the list that I've been given from my insurance company. I'm sort of 'shopping' for a surgeon, but think I might be settled on Dr Fox here in the Tacoma area =)
Janna B.
on 10/31/05 2:48 am - Silverdale, WA
Hi Tracy, Was Dr. Weber on your list? If so, you might want to check it out. Where to you live? Good luck in your journey! Janna
ChinahSea
on 10/31/05 5:25 am - Lakewood, WA
Hi, No, I haven't checked Dr Webber out yet, but I am more than happy to do this. I've heard both GOOD and BAD things about Dr Fox, and since I still have bunches of time before I qualify with my 6 month dietitian thing, I have time to look at everyone. Maybe I should start a thread.."Good and bad things about your surgeon"... I live in Lakewood, just south of Tacoma.
Camano-Tina
on 10/30/05 10:51 am - Camano Island, WA
Dear Janna: (and all the rest who have responded) Hi, I am Santina, and tomorrow I will be 3 weeks post op RNY by Dr. Weber. I am doing very well, getting in my 45-60 minute walk each day. Trying new and different foods (all pureed and blended) and have lost 25#. It is wonderful being on the losing side. This is a wonderful idea to get to know everyone. Dr. Weber is wonderful! Can't recommend him enough. God bless. I will be watching for your date and experience. I will try to post more, but haven't felt like sitting at the computer since surgery. Love, Santina
Janna B.
on 10/31/05 2:52 am - Silverdale, WA
Hi Santina, I am so happy to hear that things are going well for you. I go to my preop appt. on Thursday. I have been on the preop lowfat diet and have lost 20 lbs since the last appointment. My husband and I have been walking the wetland trails here in Silverdale every day. We have also been walking/hiking the Green Mountain trails. My surgery is Nov. 7th. Thank you for posting and please keep us updated on your progress! Best wishes! Janna
omadoula
on 10/31/05 5:29 am - University Place, WA
Hi all - I'm Connie and live in Tacoma. Wow, all the newbies. . .I'm an "oldie," had my RNY in June of 2003, and I'm half the person I was! Started out at 285 (24/26), now at 148 (8/10), which is where I have been for the last year. Had a lower body lift in April, then the breast/arms in August. Not sure what's next, maybe the legs. I am so excited for all of you who have just begun or are soon starting this exciting journey! To all the grandmas out there, I can tell you, my grandchildren were the catalyst for this surgery. One day they wanted me to get down on the floor to play a game with them and I couldn't do it for fear I couldn't get back up. That was the final straw! They need me to be around for a very long time, so I resolved there and then that this surgery was obviously the only way I was ever going to be healthy again. Two years later, and I can keep up with anything they want to do, from getting on the floor for games to playing soccer with them. THIS is the grandma I want them to remember, not that old grandma who was sweaty and fat. Been there, done it, so if anyone has any questions, just give a shout. Good luck to each and every one of you. It's a wonderful adventure!
Janna B.
on 10/31/05 2:20 pm - Silverdale, WA
Hi Connie! Nice to meet you! That is so cool that you are the soccer granny...haha I agree with ya. I want to be able to play too instead of sitting on the sidelines. Congrats on all your work done. You have done such a great job. Janna
Jenny_B
on 10/31/05 6:25 am - Clarkston, WA
Hi Everyone! I am Jenny. Open RNY post op 3 years September 16. I have lost 9 dress sizes, 160lbs, gained back 12, lost 8 again. No longer on high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes meds. No longer a problem with sleep apnea, still snore sometimes. Taking pre natal multi vits, liquid calcium, B12, vit C. Dealing with fatigue, some memory loss and concentration issues. My blood work shows, "normal", except I was very anemic last year and had to have InFEd through an IV for anemia Jan 05 when I was nearly hospitalized, hematologists says labs shows ok on all follow ups so far.
Janna B.
on 10/31/05 2:25 pm - Silverdale, WA
Hi Jenny, Congrats on your weight loss. Thank you for sharing about your lab results. It is surely a concern for all of us. I hope they stay normal and things get better! I love all the Washington people coming out and saying hello. Love to hear from more of ya! Come out come out! Lots of us preops would love to hear from you! Janna
Most Active