Let's do an old fashioned "Meet and Greet!"

auntlorlee
on 10/25/05 1:51 am - Bellingham, WA
Hey Janna! Congrats on the surgery date! The 7th will be here in a fla****hanks for posting this. I think it was a great idea to get to know everyone a little bit better. Maybe we should do this weekly so the new people that join have a chance to introduce themselves too! Lori
Susan B
on 10/25/05 3:26 pm - Yakima, WA
Hi, I know this is an older post, but, I wanted to join in. My name is Susan, I live in Yakima, and I had surgery in the Tri-Cities in May. I am now down 90lbs and feeling great. Good luck with your surgery. Susan
Janna B.
on 10/26/05 1:48 pm - Silverdale, WA
Hi Susan. Congrats on your weight loss! I am glad you are doing well. Thank you for the good wishes. Nice to meet you! Janna
ncarter11
on 10/26/05 12:51 am - Edmonds, WA
Hi Janna! I'm Nancy. I pop in every now and then to see what is going on on the boards. I don't have the time to visit here like a used to. It's so very nice to meet you and everyone here! Congrats on all everyone's dates and approvals and starts of the journey! I am happy for each of you! I had Medial RNY on Sept of last year with Dr Weber. I am below goal at 133. I just wiggled into a size 5/6 this last week or so. 5/6?? Me? Shocking, really. I started at a tight 24. I am training to run in the Seattle 1/2 Marathon. I can't believe that either. My long run is now at 9 miles! Again, a shocker. I have a daughter named Hannah and a SIL named Jana - both called "Banana." Some friends call me Nanner, which often gets switched to Bananner... I'm not sure what this says about my family ;) Anyway, this thread was a good idea. I am glad to see and meet those who are frequenting the boards these days! Blessings is a big way! Nancy
Janna B.
on 10/26/05 1:53 pm - Silverdale, WA
That is so funny Nancy about "Banana". I have been called that for years. Except in school Julia and I were called Chip N Dale. Wierd I know...lol I have been reading your profile for a long time and you are a great inspiration. I read about your bike trip to the office. Wow! I was telling my husband about it the other day while we were walking. He said, "She biked through Ballard?" I can barely drive there. It makes me nervous. That is awesome that you are training for the Seattle 1/2 Marathon. That is something else. I just can't wait to stop huffing and puffing up and down these trails. Thank you so much for responding. I hope more preops and post ops sign on the boards and say hello. Take care! Janna
lilchickad
on 10/27/05 1:13 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Janna, I'm Laura. I am a year and about 3 weeks post medial RNY. I started out at 203, and am now 103. It has been quite a ride this past year, but I feel great, and have had no problems. I am supposed to have an incisional hernia repaired some time in December, and am hoping to have a lower body lift at that time. I need to update my pictures on my profile, but things have been hectic around here for me with my kids and all. I will try to do that soon. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that the insurance company approves you for surgery!!! Always, Laura
Janna B.
on 10/28/05 3:17 am - Silverdale, WA
Hi Laura, 103, Holy Cow! That's excellent! That's great that you will be having a lower body lift. I would love to see the results. Thank you so much for your kind words. I was approved for surgery on Nov. 7th. I am so excited. I look forward to seeing updated pictures on your profile. Take care! Janna
PamelaMarie
on 10/28/05 12:55 pm - Mountlake Terrace, WA
Hi Jana, Hope I can still reply to this thread. I am excited for you to get your approval and getting everything ready. I too am scheduled for my Lap RNY on Dec 14th with Dr. Lauter. I am so anxious to start anew on the loosing side and begin the rest of my life with a better body and good health. The health especially. No grandbabies for me yet but I sure want to be ready for them. All you ladies are so lucky and blessed to be grandmothers. I cannot wait!! Take care Jana......Pamela
Janna B.
on 10/28/05 3:15 pm - Silverdale, WA
Hi Pamela, Nice to meet you! Congrats on your Dec. 14th date!! I know what you mean about being anxious to start losing and being in better health. I don't have any grandbabies yet either but want to be healthy for them also. Please keep me updated on your progress. Take care. Janna
Kilaani
on 10/29/05 5:18 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Janna, and everyone else that responded! I'm Jill and I'm almost 8 months post op from my revision from the band to a DS. I went all the way to Spain since I was self-pay! I live in Kirkland, and I'm finishing graduate school this year. I've lost 138 pounds so far, and about to hit the two hundreds, finally! I love hearing about everyone that's made it to goal and under goal, wow, good for you! Take care, Jill revision from band to DS 3/10/05 Dr. Baltasar, Spain (www.bodybybaltasar.com) 440/435/302/149 hw/sw/cw/gw -138lbs
Most Active