Change

GDKTY B.
on 10/18/05 4:20 pm - Roy, WA
When we have the surgery we know that our body will change. What we are not prepared for is the mind change. The body changes and becomes what we have set in our minds eye....Sexy,desireable and confident. We show it more and more as time melts away our insecurity and replaces it with what we are not used to...confidence. we hold our heads up high and our shoulders back and walk with a purpose. A lot of times this change can take us by surprise and knock the wind out of us. How do I know this? I am living it right now. I wont go into details, but please, if you feel like you are out of control...YOU ARE. Talk to a friend, doctor, spouse, anyone. I am and I am thankful for her...Thank you Arlene W. I am not the oak I wanted to be...I am human after all.
awidick
on 10/19/05 10:14 am - Spanaway, WA
Oh Shelley, Your such an awesome person. But we are in the same boat aren't we. Arlene
GDKTY B.
on 10/19/05 11:46 am - Roy, WA
Miss Arlene, You are a special person, please dont forget that. You are a dear friend and I feel what you are going through, more than you realize. I am sitting here drinking what you gave me the other night....so good, I had to have some. Yesterday it was something else, but tonight it is K&M. Stay strong my dear. Shelley
debidoo
on 10/19/05 3:20 pm - lakewood, WA
Shelley, That was an amazing thing you wrote. I can read between the lines....i am going through some stuff at my house with the dh....i know that you will understand....i have lost only 36lbs what the heck is going to happen when i loose 75? i just want both of you to know how amazing i think you to are... Debbie
GDKTY B.
on 10/20/05 8:44 pm - Roy, WA
Debbie, My heart understands what you are saying and I hope that the emotional threads are strong for this rocky road ahead. I wish I could sugar coat it for you but I can't. Just remember you did this for YOU not anyone else. You are who matters. I have lost 100lbs and have 20lbs to go. My mental state is not on this planet. I want to write a short book on what happens when the weight comes off. both to the family and to the person that has had the surgery. My dear, we are all in this one way or another. I was trying to be strong for a dear friend and I failed. I am no oak, I am human and full of life. I have a phrase that is on my cell phone and I wi**** for everyone......May you always have PEACE, LOVE and KINDNESS in your life.
Most Active