Any Feedback???

Anna T.
on 10/7/05 1:31 pm - Marysville, WA
Hey all, I'm getting ready for my consult with Dr Simonowitz on Tuesday-Any feedback on your experiances with him would be GREATLY appreciated!
Tricia W.
on 10/7/05 4:18 pm - Yakima, WA
Hi Anna, I seen Dr. Simonowitz a couple of weeks ago. He seems nice but I was frustrated with the lack of information. When I called to make my appointment, I asked the front desk lady to make me an appointment to see Dr. S for a consult. I first asked if he had any kind of orientation like some other clinics do. ( I have went to a consult with Dr. Oh in a huge banquet room so I thought they all do that). She told me no I just needed to make an appointment. She asked what my insurance was and I told her. Well when I went for my appt., I went back to see Dr. S and he first said, "what can I do for you"? I told him I was interested in information on Bariatric Surgery. He said have you been approved through your insurance yet? I said no, I just wanted to get some info and ask questions. He said, "Oh, well you need to get approved first and then come back." I was like, What? I told him, I thought I would get approved just so he would talk to me. He went over a few things very quickly and said, "as soon as you get approved, come back and we will do all the preop stuff". I was out of there in 10 minutes. I walked out like, "what just happened"? I took a day off work for that? Plus I live in Yakima. I just accepted it as a lesson to always ask questions before I make the trip. The front desk lady did not ask me if I was preapproved before she made my appointment. Here is the kicker, after all that, I was charged $300 for that visit. I hope this helps, he does seem pretty nice if you get longer than I did to find more stuff out.
Barbara S.
on 10/9/05 2:33 am - Everett, WA
I had a bypass done by Dr Simonowltz in 1989. My expeniance with him is not good. I had a lot of problems. At that time my health was good. I weighted 275 pounds. I was in the hospital, 24 days. He did not have a follow up plan then, and by what I'm reading from the other reply, he still doesn't. I need a revision. I would not use him again. I hope you can check out other doctors before you make your choice. Good luck. Barb
Jer
on 10/9/05 3:16 am - Milwaukie, OR
Doesn't sound like a Dr. interested in his patients - It's like "now get the heck out of my office, i got a golf game in 20 minutes" Most good Drs will gladly consult with their patients before hand. That's how a lot of people figure out if the surgery is for them. If some doctor won't give you the time of day before approval, he sure won't give it to you after surgery and he has his money. A word to the wise here.
Jer
on 10/9/05 3:20 am - Milwaukie, OR
Wait a minute! 24 days in the hospital? Did you have complications? I had a laparoscopic RNY and was out on the 3rd morning. Healed up in 2 weeks and weighed 270 lbs going in on July 26. Now weigh 215. Question ism how do I stop losing when I get down to my goal weight of 180?javascript:setMainIcon('confused',15,22)
Most Active