Four Days To Surgery:

Camano-Tina
on 10/6/05 10:16 am - Camano Island, WA
Dear Friends In Recovery: I can hardly believe it is only 4 days till my surgery! The last two weeks have been hectic. In addition to finding out my surgery was so close, my husband and I have had bronchitis. As he is to be with me in the hospital, it is imperative for both of us to be well by Monday. In addition, we have been busy buying all the things we will need after surgery, keeping appointments with my PCP, Surgeon, and Pre-op at the hospital. Today, there were 148 emails which I had not viewed in several days. So, please accept my apologies, if you have sent me a message and I have not answered personally. Suffice to say, I am very grateful for your messages, prayers, and support. Especially I want to thank Arlene W. for offering to be my Angel. Dr Weber wants me to lose three more pounds by Monday by staying on my low fat diet. I am doing my best, but, tomorrow night, my husband, son, and I will be going to Anthony's for dinner and later to Bill Gaither's Homecoming at the Everett Performance Center. My son and daughter in law bought us tickets for Christmas. On Saturday, I will be on full liquids and Sunday, clear liquids. I have a question, have any of you taken the liquid prozac? It sure looks sweet. I am wondering if it will make me dump after surgery? I really do not want to have that occurance while healing during those 8 weeks of liquid diet. Well, I think I have responded to all message boards on this site, so I will close for now. Looking forward to being on the losing side. Thanks again for all your prayers and support. Love, Santina
kem
on 10/6/05 12:13 pm - Surrey, Canada
Best wishes for you on Monday! What an exciting chapter of your life. Kathy
debidoo
on 10/8/05 11:00 am - lakewood, WA
Santina, I take the liquid Prozac, ok I don't like the flavor, it isn't super sweet, but it has a funny taste. I must say it is much better than opening up the capsule and trying to take it that way...that was horrible. I tend to take it first so that the other stuff I take can wash away the taste. I also have put splendia in with it and alittle bit of water to change the flavor. to me it is just so medicine tasting...oh by the way no dumping here...I really don't think it contains sugar.... I will cont to lift you in prayer and I am sure that all will go well. Congrats on your new re-birthday!! just remember to walk, take deep breaths, cough and drink tha****er. oh and use that breathing thing (inspirameter) they give you at the hospital. It can work miracles I look forward to seeing you on the loosing side. Debbie
debidoo
on 10/8/05 11:00 am - lakewood, WA
Santina, I take the liquid Prozac, ok I don't like the flavor, it isn't super sweet, but it has a funny taste. I must say it is much better than opening up the capsule and trying to take it that way...that was horrible. I tend to take it first so that the other stuff I take can wash away the taste. I also have put splendia in with it and alittle bit of water to change the flavor. to me it is just so medicine tasting...oh by the way no dumping here...I really don't think it contains sugar.... I will cont to lift you in prayer and I am sure that all will go well. Congrats on your new re-birthday!! just remember to walk, take deep breaths, cough and drink tha****er. oh and use that breathing thing (inspirameter) they give you at the hospital. It can work miracles I look forward to seeing you on the loosing side. Debbie
smagickgirl17
on 10/9/05 6:01 am - mccleary, WA
good luck! I have 7 days left! hope to see you on the thin side!! stephanie
Most Active