just starting out

Leanne
on 10/4/05 6:59 am - Puget Sound, WA
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you out there who have posted your wisdom and insights about this surgery. I am currently doing my practice diet for WISH center and hope to be approved by my insurance (Aetna) in Janurary and have the surgery in February. It is such a long road to get there and I feel like it will never be my turn to experience this gift of a healthier lighter life. So again, thank you and I will keep reading and learning from the rest of you until my surgery day is here.
conilp
on 10/4/05 12:46 pm - tacoma, WA
good luck on your journey. I went through WISH and am almost 9 month out and down 130. It has been a heck of a ride and I am so thankful I did it. All that you have to go through now will really be worth it when it comes surgery time. Coni P.
kem
on 10/4/05 1:23 pm - Surrey, Canada
Hi, I am going through Wish too! I have a pulmonologist appointment on Thursday to complete (hopefully) all the requirements of our insurance company. Looking forward to shrinking alongside all of you. Kathy
carlycro54
on 10/10/05 2:08 am - WA
Iam new to the board just starting through the process will be attending my first group meeting Oct 19th. Just wondering what the practice diet is and how long do you have to be on the practice diet? What type of surgery are you having?
Janis
on 10/11/05 5:22 am - Cashmere, WA
Carla, Welcome to the boards and good luck on your journey. I just wanted to let you know that there is a local WLS support group in Wenatchee and invite you to attend. We just had out October meeting but will meet again November 13th from 2 to 4 at the Chelan County PUD Auditorium in wenatchee. Email me if you need or want to talk or if you need infomrmation and would like to talk to some local pre and post ops before next group. Janis
Most Active