Im okay, just letting people know about Tom...

Holly B.
on 10/3/05 5:54 pm - south prairie, WA
I lost my sweetie due to complications after surgery (Tom Annoymous). He developed sepsis after having RNY bypass surgery Aug. 26th 2005 and then Sept 2nd 2005 he was re-hospitized due to a leak and spent 17 days in CCU where he went through 3 more surgery's. He passed away Sept 19, he had been resesitated 6 times and the 7th time the Dr. said I think we should just let him go......... I really don't understand what happen, they said he had an infection, but they couldn't find it, on the morning of the 19th he was but on dyalsis and passed away 12:15pm.... I don't have the reason for his passing, I personally think fault lies in the hospital but I don't know if I will ever know... I don't want to discourage anyone from having the surgery, it's your decision and you need to make that decision. I personally didn't want Tom to have the surgery I was scared to death and told him I had a bad feeling about it, I cried the night before and he just held me and said I'll be fine hun. Don't worry. I found his postings after he was re-hospitized and seen that he too was very scared... "scared to death" posting. I encouarge ALL of you to READ, RESEARCH, ASK TONS OF QUESTIONS. I only had a week to learn about the surgery, Tom called me at work on Aug 19th and said hey I have my surgery date, it's Aug 26th! I couldn't believe it, nobody had really a chance to research it. Tom thought the surgery would save his life, he thought it was his last chance to live.... I'm now learning to live...without him.. For questions or more in depth details feel free to email me, I'll try to answer as best as I can... I thank you for all your support and the beautiful cards that many of you have sent.. [email protected]
auntlorlee
on 10/4/05 1:46 am - Bellingham, WA
Oh dear Holly. I am sooo sad for you. I know Tom was scared but he had every reason to be sure he would be ok. I don't understand how someone could have a leak that the doctor's couldn't find. I am so sorry for you having to live without your best friend. I know that he is always with you in spirit. Please keep in touch so we know you are ok. Lori
awidick
on 10/5/05 6:28 am - Spanaway, WA
Hey Holly, I'm sorry I wasn't able to come back to the church after the gravesite services. I had a doctor appointment that I just couldn't change again. I had already changed it 3 times. I hope you doing ok and you need to keep in touch with us so we know that your doing ok. You know my number....you can call me anytime. Arlene
Most Active