out of touch....sorry about tom

smagickgirl17
on 10/1/05 11:19 am - mccleary, WA
hello,, 16 days till my sugery and I havent been on here in a while and I just read about tom... God made my stomach ache inside for his wife and family and makes you think about how complications really can happen.. I am already nervous enough and to read about tom makes me sad and makes you step back and look ... Please give my love to his family and prayers........steph
Jeannie S.
on 10/1/05 11:38 pm - Bismarck, ND
Dear Steph , Please dont be discourage about Tom he had many complications with his health , and I dont believe for one minute he made a wrong decision. All I ask of you is even though alot of us people dont show our support or love we love you for you so dont ever change your inter beauty because that means more to us who care and love you for you . I never told Tom that and I wish I could have but I know he knows, I just feel I need to let others know too!!! GOOD LUCK DEAR MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!
Jeannie S.
on 10/1/05 11:38 pm - Bismarck, ND
Dear Steph, Please dont be discourage by Toms Passing , he had many other health complications. If I had the oppurtunity to tell Tom that I was proud of him and was praying for him, I would he deserved a second chance , but all in the same I loved him no matter what , so dont forget that your friends and family love you for you and dont ever change your inter self . I have many regrets for not telling Tom or showing him what he ment to me, so all I can do now is pass on my true feeling for those who need the support and prayers I never thought that were needed I truley wish you all the best , have no regrets and always be happy , I hope you can enjoy the life you deserve and will always have you in my prayers. GOOD LUCK !!! Tom was my nephew , but we were only 2 years apart. He was an awsome person, I just wish I could have let him know how much he truley ment to me, but it is ok because I know he knows now, and I want you to know I truley do care and am here for your support, sometimes bad things have to happen for the good to truley come out ! YOUR FRIEND ALWAYS Jeannie S.
smagickgirl17
on 10/2/05 3:30 am - mccleary, WA
thankyou so much, Lst night I got off of here and went and cried told my husband what happened he is a wonderful support for me. He told me the same thing that I shouldnt worry that everything will be ok and that He and my mom will be right with me and I will be fine. Its just I feel like the closer I get to my surgery the more things I feel like are wrong sometimes I think its in my head. My friend said its because I am more aware of my body right now. I have been waiting for 5 years for this surgery and I was so sad to hear of Tom, but I know the risks and they are worth it to hopefully one day have an active normal life.. thankyou so much for writing back 15 days till the big day!! Much love to your family stephanie
Julia B.
on 10/3/05 9:52 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Stephanie, What you're feeling right now is absolutely normal. We all wait and long for this surgery and the life that we will have if it's a success. As the day of surgery draws closer we realize our mortality and the possiblility of complications. I remember all the feelings in the weeks before surgery and how I had to come to terms with what I may be giving up if the surgery wasn't a success. I did alot of soul searching and decided that the possibility of a successful surgery and a healthy life were worth the risk. I wrote letters to everyone for "just in case". I went into surgery feeling very at peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. I remember the last few weeks before surgery as being the hardest part. Hugs! Julia
Holly B.
on 10/5/05 6:15 am - south prairie, WA
Steph Thanks for your prayers.... This surgery will entitle you to a better life, yes indeed. The complications that Tom suffered are rare, but do happen. I had never heard of sepsis and getting a leak was only talked about briefly to me and Tom. I wanted to share Tom's story because I want people to know that they really should research and read both sides of the story. You will be in my prayers and look forward to talking to you about how everything went. Remember Tom wanted the surgery and thought it was his only chance of living longer. No-one pushed him, he new the risks and was even very scared, but he thought it was his last chance. It was me that didn't want him to have it because I had a bad feeling and thought it was all to fast... Sending you my prayers.. Holly~
Most Active