I COULD USE SOME HELP!!!

Shawn W.
on 10/1/05 10:47 am - Moxee, WA
Hey all, I am 26 and weight almost 500lbs and it hurts now and im tierd of not having the ability to play with my daughter cause its to much work. I am working but I dont have insurance, and I really dont make enought to afford any kind of insurance. Does anyone know how I can go about getting state help or some kind of help in general? I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS ANYMORE.
Luna_Rose
on 10/2/05 4:22 am - Wenatchee, WA
Hi Shawn, Have you looked into Medicare or other state-funded insurance? I am unable to work due to anxiety and panic among other mental health issues, and am on Medicare/Medicaid through social security disability. I am sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but maybe talking to your doctor or a surgeon that does the WLS would help. I would start there, and also make a call to your local DSHS office and keep calling until you find someone willing to help you with the insurance issue. Take care and best of luck!! Cindy in Wenatchee
Janet D.
on 10/2/05 1:31 pm - Clifton Park, NY
Shawn, You won't remember me but I answered your post several days ago on the main boards. Your letter bothered me so much I went to the Wa post and asked for support groups in Yakima County. Well my post is listed right under yours. Funny huh? I got a response from a lady Janis Hayden that said she went to a program at the hospital called "Charity Care Program". I don't know which hospital but you should be able to contact her. I told her I was going to pass this on to you. So Please don't give up. Keep trying ok. Let me know if I can do anything else. I will let you know if I do get anymore info. Good luck! Janet
Shawn W.
on 10/3/05 1:48 am - Moxee, WA
Thank you for being so caring id do anything to start over, hey if you can get her to email me that would be awsome my email is [email protected] i dont even know where to start looking for that but i am going ot try and go to my local DSHS this thursday cause its my day off from work let me know what you here!
Most Active