Ok, I was stupid today

awidick
on 9/29/05 3:06 pm - Spanaway, WA
I did a really stupid thing today. I had Phad Thai at the restaurant today. I was very That was very stupid of me. Then after I ate it, I stopped at my son's work to see him. I hadn't seen him in awhile. It only took a few minutes and I was trying to dash to the bathroom. The only problem was that when I got to it, it was busy. I stood there waiting and waiting. I couldn't wait any longer. I had to go find a bag in the car. Yep I It wasn't good. It came out as foam. YUK I guess that will show me. Arlene
lilchickad
on 9/30/05 1:19 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Poor thing!!!!! I have found that Phad Thai does tend to swell in my tummy too. Plus, it can be a little on the greasy side, depending on where you get it. Next time, go for a piece of cheese instead *giggle* I hope you feel better soon! Laura
auntlorlee
on 9/30/05 2:29 am - Bellingham, WA
Oh Arlene... I feel for you. I only recently discovered Phad Thai about a month before surgery. I have only had it once but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Now that I have had surgery, I know that I will probably never eat it again! But I bet you I try it... Thats just me. I have to see if it effects me badly. Sorry you had to find a barf bag! I had to use the bushes at my daughter's school one night waiting for her to return from a volleyball game. I am sooo glad it was dark out! Hope you feel better now! Lori
auntlorlee
on 9/30/05 2:47 am - Bellingham, WA
Here is a recipe that DxE posted on the main message board for Phad Thai. I think I might try to make it sometime. One box of Thai Kitchen® Original Pad Thai - Stir-Fry Rice Noodles with Sauce. 3 ½ Cups of Chicken Stock or Broth (Can use Bullion in water) 3 pounds of Poached Chicken Breast 3 Large Eggs ¼ Cup of Textured Vegetable Protein 1 Tablespoon Fresh Grated Ginger Root Juice of 1 Lime Zest of 1 Lime 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic 1 teaspoon of Tahini or Low-Fat Peanut Butter ¼ Teaspoon of fine ground Red Pepper 2 Tablespoons of Cooking Oil (Enova is great as is Olive Oil) 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Oil ¼ Cup of Crushed Dry Roast (no Salt) Peanuts ¼ Cup of Fresh Cilantro ¼ Cup of chopped Green Onions 1 Cup Fresh Bean Sprouts In a Medium Pot- Bring Stock and Garlic to Boil Drop in Noodles and Textured Vegetable Protein and remove from heat Allow noodles and TVP to soak up liquid, stir occasionally. (About 5 minutes) (Break the noodles in half to make them more like restaurant Pad Thai) While that is soaking, In Large Skillet- Scramble Eggs in cooking oil And Sesame Oil until hard scrambled. Remove from heat. Once Noodles have finished soaking, Add them along with the Pre-Packaged sauce packet from the mix Into the skillet with all of the ingredients EXCEPT- The Peanuts, Cilantro, Green Onions and Bean Sprouts. Cook the noodles and chicken and all on medium heat Stirring until nearly all of the liquid is absorbed or dehydrated. Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients and Toss as if a salad. It makes 5 LARGE servings. Nutrition? Each Serving Has- 280 Calories 25 gms Carbs 4 gms Dietary Fiber (So only 21 gms impact Carbs) 4 gms Sugars 36 gms Protein Anytime the Protein gms Come out higher than the Carb gms, I'm Happy! Particularly in a "Noodle Dish."
Most Active