Hair-loss supplements

Luna_Rose
on 9/29/05 7:46 am - Wenatchee, WA
I have an appointment with a surgeon on the 12th...so excited!!! I have been thinking a lot lately about the after effects of WLS, the hair loss in particular. I remember reading something about supplements you can take to help lessen the hair loss, something you can get at Wal~Mart or Walgreens....I think. If you have an idea at all what I am rambling about, Thanks in advance for filling me in!!! Cindy in Wenatchee
ncarter11
on 9/29/05 12:55 pm - Edmonds, WA
I don't know about what you can take in advance... my doc told me that I am still losing hair (1 year out) because I am not getting enough Biotin, Manganese, Selenium, and Zinc from the multivitamin I take. I take children's chewables. Anyway, he was right there's little to none of those in the children's vitamins. I'll be sure to post if I see a diff after the change. I am not sure that helps you now. BTW, I would rather be this size and bald I think! Blessings to you on your journey! Congrats on your appt! nan
bayteelee
on 9/30/05 5:15 am - Pasco, WA
There is a lady in Puyallup that has a vitamin shop out of her house I believe. They are on the net at vitalady.com. Both her and her husband have had wls and are very educated in what vitamins you need. They have a hair and nail supplement that one of the ladies at Dr Oh's office swears by. They are reasonably priced and can be a great help. You might ask them what dr's offices they deliver to because I think they will drop your vitamins off at Dr Oh's office in Federal Way to avoid shipping charges. Check out their web site and like I said both the vitalady and vitaguy have a lot of information. Good Luck, Michelle in Kennewick
LAURA G.
on 10/2/05 4:47 pm - NY
a friend of mine swears by biotin. She takes 4 a day and said it has really helped. I'm losing hair now too, 5 mos out, and my doc said that is because i'm not getting enough protein. protein makes hair and nails grow so it's important to get enough...sometimes it's difficult though. Good luck and congrats! Laura
Most Active