1 year postop

ncarter11
on 9/28/05 6:33 am - Edmonds, WA
Hey, everyone! I just wanted to invite you all to celebrate my year anniversay with me. I haven't kept in good touch. I have finally updated my profile. There's a link to my 1 year and latest entry near the top of my profile. It has been a great year! I have dropped 141 lbs - I am less than half the woman I was before! I ran two triathlons this summer. I learned I love swimming and biking. I'm not so hot on running so signed up for a 1/2 marathon in the hopes of finding some joy in it. Biked 53 miles (rt) to go to my one year post op appt with DrW. I think he was impressed. I've recently updated my profile with details. I know I liked reading about how my life might change after surgery, I hope it encourages some of you! God bless you muchly! Nancy 09/16/05 Medial RNY 276/135 3 lbs below goal
awidick
on 9/28/05 12:04 pm - Spanaway, WA
I'm so proud of you Nancy!!! Congratulations!!!! I miss you on the boards. Arlene
auntlorlee
on 9/29/05 2:40 am - Bellingham, WA
Hey Nancy! I have kept up with your profile and all I can say is "YOU GO GIRL!!!" You are such an inspiration to me and always have been. You are where I want to be! Thanks for keeping us updated on your triathalon adventures! 53 miles on one biking trip??? Holy smokes! Good job! Take care and keep it up!!! Lori
ncarter11
on 9/29/05 12:46 pm - Edmonds, WA
Lori! I caught up reading your profile! I am sooo happy that you are doing so well! You''re already so much smaller! Yippeee! I bet you are feeling great. Well, I know I got tired at 4-6 weeks that was a hard time, but I still felt great - I was shrinking! I looked at your pics - You are beautiful! Take goood care of yourself, Lori. Blessings! nancy
auntlorlee
on 9/30/05 2:21 am - Bellingham, WA
You are soooo sweet Nancy. Thank you for your kind words! Lori
Camano-Tina
on 9/29/05 12:00 pm - Camano Island, WA
Hi Nancy: So good to hear how well you have done. Congratulations! I am going to have my RNY on October 10th with Dr. Weber, also. Please tell me if you go to any support groups and where they are located. I have only found one in Bellingham, and live on Camano Island. I would very much like to read your updates. It's kind of scary on this side, and helps to hear from one who has done so well. Any suggestions, gratefully appreciated. Love, Santina
ncarter11
on 9/29/05 1:05 pm - Edmonds, WA
Summer asked me while I was at my appt if I knew of any support groups in Stanwood. I don't, but I am going to put my feelers out. I know there is one at Group Health in Everett and I go to the one at Stevens Hospital in Edmonds - not exacly close for you. I'll let you know what I find out. Congrats on your surgery date! It's so close now. I will pray for you on your day! Keep listening to DrW about moving your body! It makes a world of difference in mind and body. God's blessings and love to you, nancy
Janna B.
on 9/29/05 2:54 pm - Silverdale, WA
Congrats to both you Nancy and Lori on a job well done! I read your whole profile Nancy and it was fun to hear about your bike trip to Dr. Weber's. I come from Silverdale and not familiar with the area and know how hard it is just driving! And you biked the whole way! Wowee! You look fantastic. Lori congrats on your progress! I will be having surgery hopefully the first week of Nov. with Dr. Weber and love to read your profiles! Santina - Your day is near! Congrats! I saw you at the orientation in August. I was sitting on the other side with my daughter. Best wishes to all of you, Janna
auntlorlee
on 9/30/05 2:23 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks Janna! Good luck with your upcoming surgery! I wish you a quick and painless recovery! It will be here before you know it! Take care, Lori
Most Active