Need legal help!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/05 1:50 am - CA
Good Morning Everyone and thank you for taking the time in reading my post. First of all my ex-daughter in law and her new husband are trying to adopted my precious grand daughter. My son was served papers 2 days ago and has 30 calander days to respond and show up in court in Washington. We are so Stressed and very unhappy about this whole situation. We just don't have the money to help him out with an attorney. His Divorce was finalized here in California. My son has been working at the same job for 3 years and has been paying child support for this time. His ex has been avoiding all of our calls for the past 9 months and basically wants nothing to do with us. She is not thinking about what is in the best interest of my Grand daughter. What is wrong with her having two fathers in her life??? I say nothing...but my son is her father...he has not seen her since last September of 04...due to the fact we don't know where in Washington she lives. We knew in the beginning when she was given permission to move to the state of Washington...but after 1 month it all changed. Her Mother told me they had the same address and phone number but when we called a man would answer and say know one with that name lived there. That right there tells me the truth. My son on numerous occaisions had visitation rights which had been granted by the court, but was violated by her. He filed reports with the local police dept. But was giving her a chance each time to grant the visitations. He will be going to the court house here and file a contempt of court order...but he wants to stop this adoption from taking place. I am 8 months postop and I know stress is not good for our health...but how can I not worry and stress. My Grand daughter is my only grand child and I don't want to lose her. (She is 4 years old) My husband just started a new job today and we are so financially strapped. So I thought I could ask my brothers and sisters for help in any way possible. If you are and attorney or know of one who would be will to help out pro bono or allow payments please contact me asap with the details. You can contact me by email by clicking below on my email tab. The Superior courthouse is in King county. Please help in any way you can...we have exausted all of our resources including legal aid. What else can we do. Thank you for listening. Missy~~~
Barbara S.
on 9/26/05 3:41 am - Everett, WA
I know what you are going thourgh. I have a grandson, that I haven't seen in almost a year. His mother moved to Montana with her boyfriend. I never hear from her. my son got online and looked up fathers rights. There is a lot of information and help. Just type in fathers rights and it will pull a lot of info up. hope this helps a little. Barb
Most Active