POST-OP FOOD IDEAS

jeri
on 9/6/05 11:45 am - TEMECULA, CA
My daughter will have lap band surgery with Dr. Neal on Friday. We are looking for any ideas of foods (liquids) that work but also some that might be innovative and not boring. Are there any particular vitamins that are best? Any help and ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jeri
sassy
on 9/6/05 9:02 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i dont know about anyone else, but my dr left me on clears for 2 weeks, which was because of lack of communication on the nurse's part... so i was so glad to get on full liquids. some things that helped me was tomato soup with a slice of american cheese melted in it (which to this day i am still addicted to), yoplait carb monitor yogurts (same applies here), you can also try like minestrone soups without the stuff, just strain the stuff out, i know broths suck, but sometimes the variety makes a world of difference, where shes not always choking down chicken broth like i was... i also really enjoyed cream soups. i also fell in love with slim fast optima shakes, you can mix and match flavors, puddings, even v8 juice was awesome for me, but my pouch to this day is tempermental with cold stuff, so i would have to drink mine at room temperature, or slightly chilled, which didnt really bother me. i hope this gives you some ideas...
Most Active