WA Face To Face Support Group?

Camano-Tina
on 9/5/05 8:34 am - Camano Island, WA
Hi, My name is Santina. I live on Camano Island which is 50 miles south of Bellingham and 50 miles north of Seattle. The only Island which can be reached without a ferry. Stanwood, Marysville, Mount Vernon are close by. Do any of you know of a face-to-face support group in my area? I have had my first consult, several appointments with Psychiatrist, and have my nutrition appointment this week. My next appointment with Dr Weber is Sept 29th. and would like to have more information and personal support by then, as I am still trying to determine RNY or VBG surgery. Where is best place to order vitamins and calcium and iron in swallable form? Thanks, Santina
lilchickad
on 9/5/05 10:02 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I'm Sorry Santina, I really do not know of any specific support groups in that area. I am from the south end, so I only know of a few down here. Sorry I could not have been more help. Laura
psgraham29
on 9/8/05 12:39 pm - Seattle, WA
From the archives I found two related messages. Here they are: Support Groups: Washington Question: Looking for a support group in Bellingham Washington or Whatcom Cty? 1. We have a group now for pre-op, post-op and family and hope to find more people that are in need. Check our website www.lookin2bthin.homestead.com - Amy E 2. The closest one that I know of is the First Wednesday over every month at the library in Stanwood. Don't know if either group is still in existance. -Pam
psgraham29
on 9/8/05 12:54 pm - Seattle, WA
I found another support group (isn't Google wonderful?). It was listed at the http://www.bariatricsupportcenter.com/News.phtml website. I then selected support groups and Washington. It lists a group that meets in Mount Vernon. It is at the Skagit Valley Hospital on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The contact name is Deb Richards. -Pam
Camano-Tina
on 9/8/05 2:26 pm - Camano Island, WA
Dear Pam: I am not super-technically inclined, but I will try replying again. So if you get this twice, please excuse. Thank you for the website bariactirsupport center.com. This last meeting in Mount Vernon should be a go. I wish I had the phone number of Deb Richards, but non the less, will try to go next Tuesday and check it out. I'm sorry the other two were unavailable. When I tried to check in with Google myself, I didn't get what you did. I will try going to that website again. Thanks so much. Santina
Kilaani
on 9/10/05 5:27 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Here is another post regarding a support group - this is a mixed group which should help you to find out about your options! Jill Monday, September 12, 2005 6-8 pm 3333 Squalicum Parkway Bellingham, WA 98225 Support and discussion of issues specific to weight loss surgeries. For existing patients and anyone interested in learning about weight loss surgery. Family members and support persons are welcome to attend. Pacific Laparoscopy specializes in theDS. Barbara Metcalf, Program Director from Pacific Laparoscopy in San Francisco will be available to answer questions. 6-8 pm: General meeting - Introductions of post-op patients, Q & A. We regularly meet the 2nd Monday of the month. If you have any questions or need directions please call me. Peg Pac Lap-Bellingham support group leader 360-671-0792
Camano-Tina
on 9/11/05 1:10 pm - Camano Island, WA
Dear Jill: Thank you for the information on the Pac Lap support group in Bellingham. I do need directions from Camano Island. Will call the number you listed. Appreciatively, Santina
Most Active